ISKA Kingaroy 2019
- The South Burnett Karate Association will be hosting its annual ISKA South Burnett Martial Arts Tournament at Kingaroy High School's sports hall from 8:00am until around 2:00pm today. Martial arts such as Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Kick Boxing and many more will all be represented - some by world ranking exponents - and this year organisers expect over 140 competitors and even more spectators and supporters, many coming from all over Queensland and interstate. Admission to watch all the action is just $10 and everyone is welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sunday Funday - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters and Field Archers Association will be holding a Sunday Funday - i.e. a Come & Try archery day - at their range in Bowhunters Road, Nanango just next to Virgil's Artisans Village on the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD from 9:00am to noon this morning, followed by a meeting to elect a new president and treasurer for the Association at 1:00pm. Everyone is welcome.
Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally-made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stall-holders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on 0427-133-408
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.