National Police Remembrance Day - Wondai
- Today is National Police Remembrance Day, a day when police officers and their supporters gather together to remember fellow officers who have fallen in the line of duty, as well as recognising the commitment, dedication and bravery of all past, present and future police officers. In the South Burnett, a service is held at a different location in the region each year to mark the day. This year's service will be held at the Uniting Church at 56 Pring Street, Wondai, commencing at 10:00am, and it will be followed by a morning tea. Dress is smart casual and everyone is welcome.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Kingaroy Cuppa & Chat Group
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am today. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Friday Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Cricket Club in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:00pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has tea and coffee-making facilities, and there's no admission charge. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Blackbutt Putt-A-Putt RSVP Deadline
- Today is the last day you can nominate to take part in the Blackbutt Putt-A-Putt golf day being held on Sunday, October 6 (see entry that day for all details)
Heritage House Dinner - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be holding their monthly dinner at 6:00pm this evening. Heritage House's monthly dinners are always an inexpensive fun night out with great entertainment, but to help plan the catering you'll need to phone (07) 4163-8111 to make a booking. Everyone is welcome!
Tucker & Chop - Kingaroy
- Popular South Burnett bluesmen Tucker & Chop will be performing in the Bistro Bar of the Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy from 6:30pm until late tonight. Admission is free. More details from the hotel on (07) 4162-1055.
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers are available for a modest price to people facing financial difficulties.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.