Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster
- The final day of the four-day Heritage Nanango Country Music Muster will be held at the Nanango Showgrounds in Cairns Street, Nanango from 7:00am this morning, when the actgion will kick off with a Bush Poet's Breakfast that will run until 9:30am. This will be followed by a Gospel Morning Concert from 9:30am to around noon, after which guests will start to depart back to their homes all over south-east Queensland. Admission to today's Muster is free. You can get more details about this year's event on the Nanango Show Society's website or by phoning the Show Society on (07) 4163-1273.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
2019 250cc Queensland Speedway Title - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Junior Motorcycle Speedway Club will be holding the second day of a weekend-long racing program inside the main ring at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 10:30am this morning (gates open at 8:00am). Today's racers will be contesting the 2019 250cc Queensland Speedway Title and some of the best junior motorcycle speedway riders in the state will be taking part. Spectators are very welcome to come along and watch all the action for free, then congratulate the ultimate winners at the presentations that will follow today's racing.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along! More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
South Burnett Arts AGM - Murgon
- South Burnett Arts will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon at 1:00pm this afternoon, preceded by an optional lunch at noon and followed by a general meeting. All people with an interest in the development of the region's arts scene are very welcome to attend. More details? Phone Anne on 0419-739-689.
Junior Soccer Presentations - Nanango
- The Nanango Panthers will be holding their 2019 junior soccer presentations at the Burnett Street sports grounds in Nanango at 9:30am this morning. All players, their families and friends are very welcome, and so are the club's sponsors. Refreshments will be served after the formalities have concluded.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Junior Motocross - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) day of the South Burnett Junior Motorcycle Club's Round 3 of the 2019 South East Queensland Junior Motocross Series will be held today at the club's track off Edenvale Road near Kingaroy Airport. The club is hosting 300 top riders from all around the State this weekend, as well as local riders, and today's racing will get underway early and focus on older juniors and seniors. There'll be a canteen running at the track through to around lunchtime and spectators are very welcome to come along and watch all the action for free.