Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Fathers Day Buffet Lunch - Wondai
- Dimities Cottage at 49 Haly Street in Wondai (opposite the Art Gallery) will be hosting an all-you-can-eat Fathers Day Buffet Lunch from 12:00 noon today. For just $20 per head guests can enjoy a wonderful selection of hot and cold dishes, sweets, tea and coffee and avoid doing the dishes afterwards into the bargain. Dimities buffets are usually sold out so a booking is absolutely essential. You can make one by phoning Chef Graham on (07) 4268-5744.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Fathers Day Lunch - Murgon
- The Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon will be running a Fathers Day lunch from <12:00 noon to around 2:00pm today. Apart from a special Fathers Day blackboard menu, every dad will get a free garlic bread with their meal along with a ticket to win one of the Fathers Day prizes that will be given away today. More details? Bookings? Phone the club on (07) 4168-1819.
Fathers Day Lunch - Murgon
- The Royal Hotel at the corner of Lamb and Gore Streets in Murgon will be running a Fathers Day Lunch from 11:30am today, offering $40 seafood platters and many other options for hungry dads; a $10 children's menu; and live entertainment from Ashley Williamson. More details? Bookings? Phone the Royal on (07) 4168-1799.
Fathers Day Lunch - Nanango
- Nanango RSL in George Street, Nanango will be holding a Fathers Day Lunch from 11:30am to around 2:00pm today, offering a range of meals (including a children's menu) plus some Fathers Day specials, and live entertainment from Robert Early from noon onwards. You can make a booking by phoning the RSL on (07) 4163-1375.
Fathers Day Lunch - Kingaroy
- The Carrollee Hotel in King Street, Kingaroy will be running a Fathers Day Lunch from 11:30am to 2:30pm today, offering a Surf & Turf 350g Rump or a bumper Dad's Burger as specials in addition to the hotel's usual menu.
You can book a table by phoning the hotel on (07) 4162-1055.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Fathers Day Breakfast Buffet - Kingaroy
- The Commercial Hotel at the corner of Haly and Glendon Streets in Kingaroy will be holding a Fathers Day Breakfast Buffet from 10:00am this morning, along with lucky door prizes and raffles. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 4162-1380.
Spring Hack Show - Nanango
- The South Burnett Equestrian Group will be holding their annual Spring Hack Show at their grounds in Racecourse Road, Nanango from 9:00am this morning. Over 20 different classes will be contested, and entry is just $2 per class. Spectators can watch for free. Everyone is welcome!
Fathers Day Lunch - Kingaroy
- Kingsley Grove winery at Stuart Valley Drive west of Kingaroy will be holding a Fathers Day Lunch from 11:00am to 3:00pm today. For $25 per adult ($15 for children) guests can dine on fresh wood-fired pizzas accompanied by a special BLT salad, and followed with pavlova, seasonal fruit and fresh cream. The South Burnett's very own Elvis Jeff Hancox will also be on hand to provide great live entertainment, but places are limited so a booking is essential: 0414-230-128
Sunday Funday - Nanango
- The Barambah Bowhunters and Field Archers Association will be holding a Sunday Funday - i.e. a Come & Try archery day - at their range in Bowhunters Road, Nanango just next to Virgil's Artisans Village on the D'Aguilar Highway south of the CBD from 9:00am to noon this morning, followed by a meeting to elect a new president and treasurer for the Association at 1:00pm. Everyone is welcome.
Kilkivan Railway Markets Scarecrow Day
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! Today's markets will also display the results of Kilkivan's scarecrow competition, and prizes will be awarded across several categories for the best entries. More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.