Kilkivan Christmas Movie Night
- Kilkivan will celebrate Christmas with a free family movie night featuring a screening of the 2004 animated film The Polar Express at Kilkivan Hall in Bligh Street, Kilkivan this evening. Activities will get underway at 5:30pm and Santa will pay a visit at 6:00pm before the movie screens at 7:00pm. Food and drinks will be available, and a licensed bar will be operating as well. The evening is being hosted by the Kilkivan Touch Football Association and Kilkivan State School P&C. Note: In the event of extreme wet weather, check Gympie Regional Council's Facebook page to see if this event will go ahead.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along! More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Blackbutt Community Christmas Carols
- Blackbutt's annual Community Christmas Carols service will be held at St John's Anglican Church in Gladys Street, Blackbutt tonight, kicking off with a sausage sizzle at 6:00pm and followed by carol singing at 7:00pm. Everyone is welcome.
Inverlaw Hall Annual Get-Together
- The Inverlaw Hall committee will be holding their annual Christmas get-together at Inverlaw Hall on the Burrandowan Road (roughly 20km from Kingaroy) from 8:00pm until late this evening. The get-together is for everyone who's supported the hall in any way over the past 12 months, whether as a guest at one of the monthly dances, or as a volunteer. More details? Phone June on (07) 4162-1195 or David on 0459-228-882.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Bunya Red Farm Caper Tours - Benair
- Bunya Red Farm at 544 Wattlegrove Road in Benair will be running tours of their unique caper farm between 10:00am and 3:30pm today. The tours allow guests to taste the produce, see how capers grow, and enjoy a morning or afternoon tea while taking in the great views out to the Bunya Mountains. Cost is $10 (under 5s are free) for the farm tour, produce tastings and morning or afternoon tea. More details? Phone Mandy or Allan at the farm on (07) 4164-3186.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.