Kingaroy Community Christmas Carols
- Kingaroy's annual Community Christmas Carols service will be held at the Kingaroy Town Hall Forecourt in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm to around 5:00pm this afternoon. This year's gathering is being presented by the Kingaroy District Ministry Association and several sponsors and will feature performances by several local orchestras and choirs. Food stalls will be offering food, soft drinks and other beverages, and families who want to sit near the front should bring blankets and cushions to sit on (BYO chairs if you want to sit further back). An offering will also be taken up during the program to support the Kingaroy Schools Chaplaincies. As usual, this afternoon's carols service is a great, completely free, family-friendly event to which everyone is invited. Note: In the event of rain, the carols will relocate inside the Town Hall.
Buffalo Lodge Meeting - Wondai
- Wondai's Buffalos will be holding their regular monthly meeting in the dining room of the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 10:00am this morning. Potential new members and visiting Buffalos are very welcome to come along, and the meeting will be followed by lunch.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.