Nanango Christmas Race Meeting
- The Nanango Race Club will be holding their annual Christmas Race Meeting at the Lee Park Raceway off the D'Aguilar Highway just south of Nanango from 11:00am to around 5:00pm today. Today's races will have a ""Christmas Red & Green with a touch of Gold/Silver"" theme and everyone is encouraged to dress up in their best Christmas hats and/or outfits to be in the running for some great Moffatdale Ridge Fashions Of The Field prizes. The race club's popular [email protected] Bit Bar will be serving up platters all day if you fancy a bite; a licensed bar and BBQ will be operating under the extended covered area; the race club canteen will be open for sit-down dining; children will be well catered for with face-painting and ice creams plus a visit from Santa Claus; and there'll be plenty of bookmakers and an on-course tote available in the betting ring to take your wagers. A lot of people like to use the Christmas race meeting for festive season parties and you're welcome to picnic on the lawns or even bring your own marquee if you like. This will be a 5 race meeting and buses will be running to the races from Kingaroy's Glendon Street Bus Depot (12:00 noon) and the rear of Nanango's Fitzroy Hotel at 12:20pm. The first race will leave the barriers around 1:20pm but gates will open at 11:00am so go-getters can get a head start on that all-important socialising. Admission is just $10 for adults and $5 for pensioners (under-15s are free). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Rosemary on (07) 4163-2346 or email her.
Kingaroy Community Christmas Carols
- Kingaroy's annual Community Christmas Carols service will be held at the Kingaroy Town Hall Forecourt in Glendon Street, Kingaroy from 5:00pm this afternoon (carols start at 6:00pm). This year's gathering is being presented by the Kingaroy District Ministry Association and several sponsors and will feature performances by several local orchestras and choirs. Food stalls will be offering food, soft drinks and other beverages, and families who want to sit near the front should bring blankets and cushions to sit on (BYO chairs if you want to sit further back). An offering will also be taken up during the program to support the Kingaroy Schools Chaplaincies. As usual, this afternoon's carols service is a great, completely free, family-friendly event to which everyone is invited. Note: In the unlikely event of rain, the carols will relocate inside the Town Hall.
Blackbutt Christmas Mural Unveiling
- The Blackbutt-Benarkin Lions Club will be kicking off Blackbutt's Christmas celebrations in Les Muller Park at the corner of Hart and Coulson Streets at 10:00am this morning with the unveiling of the town's traditional Christmas mural. There'll also be a free sausage sizzle and the official launch of the town's Christmas Festival, the bulk of which occurs from Friday to Sunday. Everyone is welcome! PS: After lunch, you can also go to the nearby Blackbutt Memorial Hall for the Blackbutt Singers' beautiful Christmas concert (see entry further below on this page).
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Nanango Little Athletics Car Wash
- Nanango Little Athletics will be running a Car Wash near the Nanango BP on the D'Aguilar Highway south of town from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning as a fundraiser. Car washes are $8, and the club will also have trays of fresh mangoes available for $26 if you want to buy up big for Christmas.
Country Music Friends - Yarraman
- The Country Music Friends will be holding their first Sunday of the month informal concert at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street from 1:00pm this afternoon. New players are very welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Jenny on (07) 4163-2469.
Saints Women Pre-Season Training And Lunch - Maidenwell
- The South Burnett Saints women's AFL team will be holding a pre-season training morning at the Maidenwell Sportsgrounds at 10:30am today, followed by a lunch at the Maidenwell Hotel just next door. Spectators, supporters and potential new players are all very welcome.
Christmas Around The World - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Singers will be performing their "Christmas Around The World" concert at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt this afternoon. Doors will open at 1:30pm and the concert - which will feature a variety of traditional and contemporary Christmas tunes sung in beautiful harmonies - will get underway at 2:00pm. Tickets are just $12 for adults or $10 for concessions (children accompanied by an adult are free) and there'll be an afternoon tea at intermission, along with raffles and a lucky door prize. Everyone is welcome and there's no need to book.
Buffalo Lodge Meeting - Wondai
- Wondai's Buffalos will be holding their regular monthly meeting in the dining room of the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 10:00am this morning. Potential new members and visiting Buffalos are very welcome to come along, and the meeting will be followed by lunch.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.