Kumbia Christmas Carnival
- Kumbia's 19th annual Christmas Carnival will be held in and around Kumbia Hall in Bell Street from 5:00pm until late this evening. Features of this year's event will include the town's traditional Festival of Christmas Trees along with face-painting; games and rides for children including a merry-go-round, jumping castle and other fun stalls; live musical entertainment; and the drawing of a raffle for a Giant Christmas Hamper, along with lots of quick ham and chook raffles. A BBQ will be cooking up special Santa burgers and famous Lenihan's Butchery sausage sandwiches, both of which will be available at very reasonable prices. Santa himself will be paying a visit to give away sample bags to children up to Year 7 at around 7:00pm. There'll also be lots of market stalls all around the grounds too. If you'd like to book a stall at this popular yearly event yourself or obtain more information, call Desiree on (07) 4164-4171, and if you want to enter a tree in the Festival Of Christmas Trees competition, phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets offer locally-made crafts, foods and produce and are always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stall-holders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Richie on (07) 4168-1915 or 0427-133-408.
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Sunday Golf - Kingaroy and Wondai
- The Kingaroy Golf Club on the Bunya Highway south-west of Kingaroy will be holding its annual Ham and Turkey Day for members only today. This will take the form of a stableford with a 10:30am shotgun start (names in by 10:00am) for prizes of hams and turkeys. The match will be followed by a free sausage sizzle after play, and then 2018 trophy presentations. All members are welcome. More details? Phone the golf club on (07) 4162-1720. Meanwhile, in Wondai, the Wondai Country Club off the Bunya Highway north of the CBD will be holding a 2 person ambrose over 9 or 18 holes for golfers and non-golfers from 11:00 am this morning. There'll be novelty prizes and lots of fun, and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Country Club on (07) 4168-5582.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Wesleyan Church Free Community Lunch - Nanango
- The Wesleyan Methodist Church will be holding a free community lunch at their hall in 55 Cairns Street, Nanango from noon today. More details? Phone Pastor Piukala on (07) 4171-0400 or 0404-275-239