April 14, 2021
Five South Burnett organisations will share just over $93,000 in funding from Round 2 of Stanwell’s 2020-21 Tarong Community Partnership Fund.
The fund aims to help projects that build social connectedness, lead to increased employment, improve access to critical services, enhance educational opportunities or build economic capacity and resilience in the South Burnett community.
The latest recipients are:
- South Burnett Mountain Bike Club – $25,000 to extend the mountain bike trail network at Gordonbrook Dam
- Farm to Fork Collective “Sewing Seeds For Sustainability” project – $18,017 to fit out their new Wooroolin retail shop
- South Burnett Western Performance Club – $15,750 to upgrade facilities at their grounds, including improving the canteen and installing options for more caravan users
- Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council’s Material Recycling Facility Artificial Intelligence project – $24,871 to install cameras
- Kingaroy Girl Guides – $9372 to install security fencing
Round 1 funding, announced earlier this year, assisted Kingaroy QCWA, South Burnett CTC’s The Gumnut Place and Kingaroy State High School.
Two rounds of grants are distributed from the fund every year.