March 2, 2021
Raine & Horne staff in Kingaroy are celebrating after notching up the most residential sales for the group in Queensland in 2020.
Principals John and Jackie Allery were presented with the prestigious Top Office (Number Of Sales) trophy at a black tie dinner on February 20 at The Star Hotel on the Gold Coast.
The Kingaroy real estate agency outpaced Raine & Horne businesses in Toowoomba and Port Douglas which are usually hot favourites to secure the title.
It’s the first time Kingaroy has won the award, although it came very close in 2019.
Jackie told southburnett.com.au the Kingaroy agency had secured more than 150 sales in 2020 – and the strong market was continuing this year.
She said low interest rates were enticing a lot of people into the market but COVID-19 lockdowns had also meant people were looking for homes with more space around them.
Buyers were also becoming more certain about the future and getting ready to invest in a home.
Jackie said prices in the local area were increasing “because we are getting lower on stock”.
And because of the Federal Government’s stimulus package, the South Burnett was getting very short on blocks of land.
Kingaroy Raine & Horne salesman Rod Dionysius was also presented with the prestigious Top Salesperson – Number of Sales award – at the dinner and came 4th in the overall dollar value category.
Rod and John were also recognised for their hard work by being presented with Chairman’s Club awards; and John and Jackie were also given a 15-Year Service Award.
Jackie said she was very proud of this as it recognised their hard work over the years.
Raine & Horne have been in Kingaroy for more than 35 years, but the couple took over 15 years ago.
“Most of our success is due to our longevity in the market,” she said.
Raine & Horne general manager Steve Worrad said it had been a “great night at a great venue with great people”.
“The top performing offices in Queensland benefited from the shift away from the capital cities as more homeowners recognised regional centres offered affordability while the rollout of the NBN allowed them to work from home in regional towns such as Kingaroy, Port Douglas or Ayr,” he said.
“Also, yield-hungry investors increasingly identified the strong returns available in regional Queensland.
“If you buy a three-bedroom house for $215,000 and secure a weekly rent of $350, then that is better than money in the bank.”
* * *
The 2021 Raine & Horne Queensland Awards for Excellence winners include:
- Top Office (Number of Sales) – Raine & Horne Kingaroy
- Top Office (Dollar Value) – Raine & Horne Cleveland
- Top Salesperson – Number of Sales – Rod Dionysius, Raine & Horne Kingaroy
- Top Salesperson – Dollar Value – Aaron Worrad, Raine & Horne Surfers Paradise
- Top Salesperson – Number of Sales (Principal) – Nora Anderson, Raine & Horne Ayr
- Top Salesperson – Dollar Value (Principal) – Jan Goetze, Raine & Horne Cleveland
- Property Management Office Year – Raine & Horne Port Douglas
- Product Engagement – Amplify – Raine & Horne Coomera
- Product Engagement – Digikit – Raine & Horne Ipswich
- Office Marketing – Raine & Horne Coomera
- Top Commercial Office ($ value) – Raine & Horne Commercial Brisbane North
- Top Commercial Office (Number of Sales) – Raine & Horne Commercial Brisbane Southside