February 10, 2021
The Acland Stage 3 expansion will be back before the Land Court in Brisbane on Thursday morning in the wake of last week’s High Court judgment.
A directions hearing – New Acland Coal Pty Ltd v Oakey Coal Action Alliance Inc & Ors – has been listed in front of President Fleur Kingham at 10:00am.
The hearing follows the decision by the High Court last Wednesday to allow the appeal by the Oakey Coal Action Alliance, an action group opposed to New Hope’s mine expansion plan.
The judgment sent the proposed mine expansion back to the Land Court for reconsideration.
The Queensland Resources Council then immediately called on the State Government to pass legislation to “provide certainty” for the mine, citing laws passed by the Bligh Labor government in 2007 to allow expansion of the Wollombi coal mine.
However, this suggestion was described as a “brazen attack on the High Court” by the Lock the Gate Alliance, also opposed to the mine’s expansion.
- High Court Allows Acland Appeal
- High Court To Hear Acland Appeal
- High Court Key To Acland
- Acland May Go To High Court
- ‘No Further Barriers’ To Mine Approval
- New Hope Blamed For Lost Jobs
- LNP To Fight For Acland Jobs
- Acland Sent Back To Land Court
- Axe Falls As Acland Deadline Passes
- Petition Backs Acland Expansion
- Acland Expansion Moves Closer
- MP Welcomes New Acland Orders
- Mine Sent Back To Land Court
- New Hope Launches Acland Review
- Acland Farmers Celebrate Small Win
- New Hope Seeks Review Of Acland Coal Mine Ruling
- MP Urges Premier To Ignore Acland Ruling
- Court Rules Against Acland Expansion
- Lock The Gate Says Mine Threatens Water Supplies
- Step Closer For Acland Mine
- Water Decision ‘To Cost 700 Jobs’
- Mayor Calls For Acland Expansion
- MP Rejects Mine ‘Hypocrisy’
- Court Bid To Stop Acland Expansion
- New Hope Coal ‘Paying Acland Royalties To Itself’
- 1300 Objectors To Mine Expansion
- Petition Supporting Mine Presented To Parliament
- Anti-Mine Group Praises Acland ‘Review’
- First Tick For New Acland Coal Mine
- Anti-Mining Group Releases Acland Report
- Have A Say On New Acland
- Terms Fixed For New Acland Mine
- Call For Comments On New Acland Expansion
- New Hope For Acland Miners