December 6, 2018
Applications are now open from events organisers for funding for under the State Government’s Queensland Destination Events Program (QDEP).
QDEP, formerly known as the Regional Development Program, seeks to leverage the crucial link between events and the destinations in which they are staged, extending the flow of the economic, marketing and social benefits of events throughout metropolitan and regional Queensland.
The QDEP aims to
- Generate local economic activity and development in the host destination,
- Attract external visitation to the destination,
- Drive social and community outcomes for the host destination, and
- Enhance the profile and appeal of the host destination
It offers two funding options for regional events:
- Destination event funding – Single year funding for developing events seeking growth ($10,000 – $25,000 per year)
- Significant event funding – Single year or up to three years of funding for events that can demonstrate a strong track record of growth or growth potential ($25,000 – $100,000 per year, but applications will only be accepted following an invitation from Tourism Events Queensland)
The funding can be used for marketing costs, strategic plan development, engagement of short-term specialised personnel and /or hire of temporary infrastructure.
Funding of no more than 25 per cent of the total event cash expense budget may be applied for.
Applications under Round 12 will close at 5:00pm on February 26.
- More information is available on the TEQ website