MLA Seeks Four Directors
Meat Standards Australia branding is a marketing initiative developed by MLA
May 10, 2012
Meat & Livestock Australia is seeking applications for four independent Directors to be appointed at the group’s Annual General Meeting.
The MLA Board is is seeking candidates with skills and experience in one or more of the following:
- Extensive experience managing R&D programs with scientific background, working with government and industry stakeholders on R&D issues
- Strong financial skills in audit, financial control and reporting, management accounting, risk and investment appraisal
- Strong domestic and global marketing experience, preferably with knowledge of intensive animal production and processing
- Experience in Australia’s western livestock production systems
- The role of the MLA Board is to provide direction to the management of the company, ensuring that appropriate performance goals are set and achieved, risk is properly managed, and the interests of industry participants and other stakeholders are taken into account. This includes strategy development and review of governance, financial performance and risk management.
MLA is a producer-owned company working which works in partnership with industry and government to achieve a profitable and sustainable red meat and livestock industry in Australia. MLA provides marketing and research and development services to over 47,000 cattle, sheep and goat producer members and the broader red meat industry.
The closing date for applications is June 8. Applications can be lodged via www.rimfireresources.com.au