Wondai Country Markets
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery's popular monthly Wondai Country Markets will be operating at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 7:00am to 12:00 noon today. Today's markets will feature stallholders selling fresh fruit and vegetables, arts and crafts, useful knick-knacks and clothing. There'll also be live entertainment; lots and lots of other stalls selling great gifts and goodies; and special hand-made treasures from local artisans available from the Gallery's new "Studio" building just a short stroll across the park. The BBQs will also be firing up from 6:45am to dish out hearty breakfasts for early bargain hunters. New stallholders are always very welcome (stall fees range from $10 with power and water available, if needed) and you can obtain more details by phoning Joan Spicer on 0456-999-928.
Seafood & Sax - Murgon
- The Australian Hotel in Lamb Street, Murgon will be holding a Seafood & Sax Night with the South Burnett's very own Sultan of Sax Tom McKenzie from 8:00pm until later tonight. Seafood platters for one or two people will be available, along with the hotel's normal menu. More details from the pub: (07) 4168-1077
Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) month of the Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. The Gallery is hosting exhibitions from the Tangled Threads Textile Art Group, the South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club and silk artist Cecile Arndt this month, and it will also be running a number of art workshops covering everything from rug making and silk painting to pottery and creating bags from rags. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and admission to view this month's exhibitions is free. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Arthur Nettelfield - Kingaroy
- Popular country rock entertainer Arthur Nettelfield will be performing at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:30pm until around 11:30pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Nanango Mini Market
- The Nanango Mini Market, which runs on the 4th Saturday of each month (except January) outside the Churchyard Opp Shop at the corner of Drayton and Burnett Streets in Nanango, will be running from 7:00am to around noon this morning. Apart from offering great bargains at great prices, the markets also have a $2 sausage sizzle, $1 soft drinks and gold coin donation tea and coffee if you get peckish. New stallholders are also very welcome, with stall fees starting at just $5. More details? Phone Sue on 0419-319-981.
Kingaroy Bowls Club Bingo
- The Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman St, Kingaroy will be running bingo matches from 7:30pm this evening with over $1000 in prizes on offer. More details from the club on (07) 4162-1404
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed run at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.