Queensland Winter Craft Festival - Kingaroy
- The second (and final) month of the Queensland Winter Craft Festival will be running throughout July at the Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery in Haly Street, Kingaroy (opposite the peanut silos) from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. The Gallery is hosting exhibitions from the Tangled Threads Textile Art Group, the South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club and silk artist Cecile Arndt this month, and it will also be running a number of art workshops covering everything from rug making and silk painting to pottery and creating bags from rags. The Craft Festival is the most extensive event of its kind in Queensland, and admission to view this month's exhibitions is free. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4189-9323.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs and everyone is welcome along! More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Blackbutt IGA Tennis Tournament
- The Blackbutt Tennis Club will be holding the Blackbutt IGA Tennis Tournament at their courts in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am this morning. The tournament - for teams of two players - will be offering prizes for the best dressed team and the team with the best name, along with a prize for the overall trophy winner. Court fees are just $10 per person (which includes lunch) but to help plan the catering, teams need to RSVP by July 17 to Roslyn on 0467-597-923. However, spectators are also very welcome to come along today and watch the fun at no charge.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Kilkivan Railway Markets
- The weekly Kilkivan Railway Markets will be held in Lester Millar Park in Kilkivan from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature an array of locally produced fruit, vegetables and merchandise and new stallholders are always welcome! More details? Stall Bookings? Phone (0407) 772-741 or visit the website.
Sunday Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Josie on (07) 4164-4384 or Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.