Wondai Country Running Festival
- The first day of the weekend-long, family friendly Wondai Country Running Festival will be held in and around Wondai today. The festival will kick off early at 7:00am and will incorporate markets (see entry below), several Fun Runs/Walks, and a McEuen Forest Trail Run this afternoon. There'll also be a full day of live music in Coronation Park along with a bumper Wondai Markets. Tomorrow the Festival will conclude with a 10km Rail Trail run, a half marathon and a full 42km marathon along the South Burnett Rail Trail. You can get the complete entertainment program on the Festival's website. Note: This festival is usually held in June, but it was set back a month this year by the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure it complies with current restrictions.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 8:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Wondai Country Markets
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery's popular monthly Wondai Country Markets will be operating at Coronation Park in Wondai's CBD from 7:00am to 12:00 noon today. Today - because of the Wondai Country Festival (see above) there'll be a bumper rollup of at least 105 stallholders selling everything from fresh fruit and vegetables through to arts and crafts, useful knick-knacks, foods and clothing. There'll also be live entertainment; lots and lots of other stalls selling great gifts and goodies; and special hand-made treasures from local artisans available from the Art Gallery's "Studio" building just a short stroll across the park. The BBQs will also be firing up from 6:45am to dish out hearty breakfasts for early bargain hunters. New stallholders are always very welcome (stall fees range from $10 with power and water available, if needed) and you can obtain more details by phoning the Wondai Regional Art Gallery on (07) 4168-5926.
Saturday AFL - Kingaroy
- AFL fans can enjoy the third round of a shortened 10 round Darling Downs AFL competition in Kingaroy today when the South Burnett Saints host the South Toowoomba Bombers on their home ground at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy. The South Burnett Saints women's team will play the Bombers at 12:30pm, and they'll be followed by the Saints' men's team playing the Bombers' men's team at 2:30pm. Spectators are very welcome, but will need to either stay in their cars or observe proper social distancing if they want to watch the game from the fences. Everyone is welcome!
Prep Open Morning - Kingaroy
- St Mary's Catholic College in Kent Street, Kingaroy will be holding a Prep Open Morning between 8:00am and 10:00am today to allow parents seeking Prep for their children to inspect the college's facilities and meet with the staff. St Mary's is open to children of all faiths and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the College on (07) 4160-0900.
Saturday Soccer - Kingaroy
- The second week of a 10-week round robin competition between Barambah, Gunners and Wests will be played at Tom Alford Oval at the end of Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy from 2:00pm until after sunset today. The contest will see six matches played amongst the three teams as they compete for competition points and the revered Golden Boot award. Spectators are also welcome, but they'll need to observe COVID-safe restrictions.