Visit South Burnett Meeting - Wondai
- The new Visit South Burnett local tourism organisation will be holding a meeting for tourism operators in the northern end of the region (ie Kingaroy, Wondai, Proston, Murgon and Goomeri) at the Hotel Cecil in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 6:00pm tonight. New members are very welcome, and the $10 entry fee will include finger foods. To help plan the catering, though, an RSVP would be appreciated. You can make one by emailing Visit South Burnett or by texting Julie
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Mateship, Mentoring And Resilience Workshop - Murgon
- Wesley Mission Queensland will be holding a Mateship, Mentoring And Resilience Workshop at the Murgon Training Centre at 109 Macalister Street, Murgon from 5:00pm to around 8:30pm tonight. The free workshop aims to provide men with practical tools to support their mates going through hard times (while also picking up useful skills for themselves) and is open to all men aged 18 and over. Proceedings will get underway with a free BBQ dinner from 5:00pm to 6:00pm, followed by the workshop from 6:00pm to 8:30pm. More details? Phone Glen on 0419-750-607.
Suicide Prevention Workshop - Murgon
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding a free suicide prevention workshop at the First Aid and Instruction Services training building in Murgon at 4:30pm this afternoon. The workshop will be run by Glen Wallwork from Marcus Mission and light refreshments will be provided. More details? Phone
Glen on 0419-750-607.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.