On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Friday, 03 August 2018
Art Exhibition Opening - Wondai
- The Wondai Regional Art Gallery on the roundabout at Wondai will be opening their latest monthly exhibition for 2018 with a wine and cheese tasting at 6:00pm tonight. This month the gallery will be hosting its annual South Burnett Children's Art Competition (which is open to South Burnett children only) and there'll be a wide spread of works on show. As usual, tonight's opening will also feature great hot and cold finger foods and punch, along with wine tastings from a local winery, live entertainment and lots of fun socialising. Admission is $5 and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Gallery on (07) 4168-5926. Note: After tonight's opening the exhibition will remain on show from 10:00am to 4:00pm daily until the end of the month.
QRRRWN Barambah Branch Meeting
- The Barambah branch of the Queensland Rural, Regional and Remote Women's Network will be holding their first Friday of the month meeting today. The branch meets at a different venue each month, starting with smoko at 9:30am before the meeting gets underway at 10:00am. New members and guests are always welcome! More details on the location of this month's meeting? Phone Marg on 0418-689-728 or send her an email.
Friday Night Live - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding their latest "Friday Night Live" from 6:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. Friday Night Live is open to all primary school and high school students and the get-together features music and a range of fun activities including XBox games, stadium games, pool and more. Food and soft drinks are available from the PCYC canteen and free bus travel is available from Goomeri and Wondai, with pick up at 5:30pm (6:00pm in Goomeri) and return after 9:00pm. Admission is just $5 per head for PCYC members and $7 for non-members. You can find out more details by phoning the PCYC on (07) 4168-1889.
Friday Night Junior AFL - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints will be running junior AFL games for children aged 5-11 at Lyle Vidler Oval (just next to Bean Growers) in Youngman Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm tonight. New players are very welcome, and more details are available online.
Kingaroy RSL Bingo
- Bingo games will be running at Kingaroy RSL from 10:00am this morning (eyes down at 10:30am). There'll be four jackpots on offer, along with book games and raffles, and proceeds will go to help local good causes. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Cuppa And Chat Group - Kingaroy
- The Cuppa and Chat Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 10:00am to around 11:00am this afternoon. As the name suggests, members enjoy a cuppa and biscuits baked in the community kitchen, and simply chat about whatever interests them. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Over 50s Bingo - Proston
- Bingo games will be held at the Community Hall in Rodney Street, Proston from 9:00am this morning, with eyes down at 9:30am. There's a $100 jackpot on offer, and morning tea is available for just $2. Over 50s Bingo is held on the first and third Friday of each month and everyone - including Under 50s - is welcome. More details? Phone Noela on (07) 4168-9296.
Friday Night At The Shed - Nanango
- The Shed in Little Drayton Street, Nanango (just next to the Scott Car Park) will be open from 7:30pm until late tonight for local musicians and anyone else who enjoys music to come along, bring their instruments and jam in a relaxed and informal setting (or just sit on the Shed's lounges, listen in and enjoy the wide variety of talent on offer). The Shed fires up every Friday night, has no admission charge and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Jane on 0400-631-677.
Friday Afternoon Scroungers - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street will be holding their regular Friday Afternoon Scroungers matches at 4:00pm today. A $5 match fee applies and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Friday Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games on the third green at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 3:00pm this afternoon. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Advanced Tai Chi - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Arthritis & Osteoporosis Support Group will be running an advanced Tai Chi class at SBcare at the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets in Kingaroy from 9:00am to 10:00am this morning. The classes aim to help relieve pain and improve quality of life, relieve stress, sharpen concentration, and improve balance, posture and mobility. Class fees are $3 for each attendance plus a $20 fee to Arthritis Queensland for insurance. Everyone is welcome. More details? Phone June 0419-026-760, Jan 0434-891-600 or Antonia 0431-149-816 (Note: these classes run every week during school terms except for public holidays).
Art With Lyn - Nanango
- Creative Connections at 8 George Street in Nanango will be hosting art classes with artist Lyn Felsman from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. Tuition fees are $15 per person - which includes morning tea - and participants should BYO art supplies and project. To book, phone Lyn on 0421-679-258.
Friday Afternoon Social Golf - Proston
- The Proston Golf Club on Brigooda Road, Proston will be holding a Friday afternoon social golf game today. Names need to be in by 2:00pm for a 2:30pm tee-off, and everyone is welcome. More details from the club on (07) 4168-9367.
Blue Light Roller Skating - Nanango
- The Nanango Blue Light Disco committee will be holding their first Friday of the month U18s Blue Light roller skating night at the Nanango Skating Rink in George Street, Nanango from 6:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. There'll be lots of fun plus games and prizes, and a canteen will be operating too. Admission is $5, which includes skate hire, and the event is fully supervised. More details? Phone Nanango Police on (07) 4163-1211 or Peter on 0422-196-219.
Tegan's UGLY Bartender Launch Party - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy's Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets will be hosting Tegan's UGLY Bartender Launch Party from 7:30pm to 9:00pm tonight to help barmaid Teagan kick off her fundraising campaign for the Leakaemia Foundation in style. Guests should dress up in Blue, get silly and take the "Floating Lemon Challenge", or try to beat Steve and Dave on the pool table. There'll also be a chance to win a win a meat tray or a dinner for two, plus lots of other fun prizes. Everyone is welcome!
Wesleyan Food Hampers - Nanango
- Wesleyan Grace Community Food Hampers will be available at 36 Fitzroy Street, Nanango from 9:00am to 12:00 noon today. Food hampers will be available for $20.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today at 22 Stolzenberg Road in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone Joan on (0427) 496-684 or Ruth on (0447) 812-789. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact Joanne or Ruth about this too, or visit the website.
Friday, 03 August 2018