On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Tuesday, 14 August 2018
St Mary's Annual Science Fair - Kingaroy
- St Mary's Catholic College at 10 Kent Street in Kingaroy will be holding its annual Science Fair at the Maryknoll Centre inside the school's grounds from 9:00am to 2:30pm today. All Year 7, 8 and 9 students will be presenting their term science projects at the Fair, and there will also be a science show presented by senior teachers and students which promises to be educational, fun and a little bit geeky at the same time. The Science Fair is free to attend and all members of the community are welcome. More details? Phone Ronald Johnston at the College on 0402-416-672.
Yarraman Agricultural Society Meeting
- The Yarraman Agricultural Society will be holding their 2nd Tuesday monthly meeting at the Yarraman Showgrounds offices on the New England Highway west of town at 6:30pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0438-638-506.
Rosalie North Landcare Group - Cooyar
- The Rosalie North Landcare Group will be holding their August meeting at Cooyar Hall on the New England Highway at Cooyar at 7:30pm tonight. The group is concerned with maintaining the landscape and environment of the former Upper Rosalie Shire and meets monthly at different halls around the area. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4692-6103.
South Burnett Chorale - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Chorale will be holding their regular Tuesday practice night at the Church of Christ Hall at the corner of Haly and Burnett Streets in Kingaroy from 7:00pm to 9:00pm this evening. The Chorale meets every Tuesday night during school terms, and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Margie on 0424-924-632.
Blackbutt Singers - Yarraman
- The Blackbutt Singers will holding their regular Tuesday morning practice session at the Yarraman Community Hall in Browne Street, Yarraman from 9:30am to afround noon this morning. New members are very welcome. More details? Call Judy on (07) 4170-0880.
Nanango Scout Club
- The Nanango Scout Club - which meets every Tuesday night during school terms - will be holding its regular weekly meeting at the Scout Den at 40 Henry Street, Nanango (just next to the police station) from 5:30pm to around 7:00pm tonight. The group currently has three sections in operation: Joeys (for children aged 6 to 8 years); Cubs (8-11 years); and Scouts (11-15 years). New members are always very welcome, and so are new leaders and youth members for all sections. More details? Phone Shirley Masnata on (07) 4163-7455 or send her an email.
Tuesday Night Indoor Bowls - Wondai
- The Wondai Indoor Bowls Club will be holding its regular Tuesday meeting at the Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai at 7:30pm this evening. Three games of 12 ends are played, lasting up to three hours, and playing fees are $3. New members are always welcome and you can find out more details by phoning secretary Christine Rasmussen at Wondai on (07) 4169-0995, Maryanne Pearce at Tingoora on (07) 4169 0776, or Faye Holding at Goomeri on (07) 4168 4494.
Indoor Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Indoor Bowls Club will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Lutheran Church Hall in McDaniel Street, Yarraman at 9:30am this morning. New members are always welcome.
Country Crafters - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt Country Crafters will be holding their regular Tuesday morning meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 9:30am to 2:00pm today. The group caters for people interested in crafts and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone June on (07) 4170-0054 or Roslyn on (07) 4163-0682
Tuesday Morning Card Games - Yarraman
- Heritage House at 26 Millar Street in Yarraman will be hosting its weekly Tuesday morning 500 card games from 10:00am to around 1:00pm today, followed by a light lunch. Playing fees - which include lunch and a lucky door prize ticket - are just $5. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Heritage House on (07) 4163-8111.
Tuesday Social Bowls - Nanango
- The Nanango Bowls Club in Henry Street, Nanango will be holding social lawn bowls games from 12:30pm this afternoon. Dress standard is mufti and new players are very welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-3363.
Tuesday Morning Croquet - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Croquet Club will be playing croquet games at the rear of the Kingaroy Bowls Club at 141 Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to around 11:30am this morning. New members are always welcome and a $2 lesson is available if you'd like tuition in the basics (all equipment is supplied). More details? Phone (07) 4163-6022.
Danny's Diner - Kingaroy
- Danny's Diner - a free community dinner - will be held at the Uniting Church Hall at the corner of Alford and Youngman streets in Kingaroy from 5:30pm to 7:00pm tonight. The dinner is an initiative of the Kingaroy District Ministry Association for the benefit of anyone who's hungry or otherwise doing it tough. While an RSVP isn't essential, it would be appreciated to help plan the catering. You can make one by phoning Lenelle on (07) 4162-8482. You can also read more about Danny's Diner on our website.
Tuesday Night Trivia - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be holding its regular Tuesday Night Trivia games this evening. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play starts at 7:00pm. Registration is just $2 and play is in teams of six. More details from the RSL: (07) 4162-1755.
Tuesday Night AFL - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Saints AFL Club will be holding their regular Tuesday night training session at Lyle Vidler Oval in Youngman Street, Kingaroy (just next to Beangrowers) at 5:30pm. The Saints field male, female and junior teams and train every Tuesday and Friday night. New players are always welcome.
Murgon Show Society Meeting
- The Murgon Show Society will be holding their monthly meeting at the Murgon Showgrounds at 20 Macalister Street at 5:30pm this evening. All people who'd like to play a part in putting on next year's Murgon Show are very welcome to attend.
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at the old railway station building at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for its regular Tuesday meeting today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am. The meeting will run until around noon, and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Coffee & Craft Morning - Kingaroy
- A Coffee and Craft Morning will be held at the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 9:00am to 12:00 noon this morning. Guests can bring their own craft along and simply enjoy the morning, but a new craft will be taught for the benefit of those who'd like to learn something new. You should also bring some morning tea to share and a gold coin entry for charity, but everyone is welcome. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094. Coffee and Craft Mornings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Nanango
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Nanango every Tuesday from 6:30pm at the Catholic Church Hall in Alfred Street (next to St Patrick's school). For more information, phone 0427-289-990.
Tuesday, 14 August 2018