Elgin Vale QCWA Meeting
- The Elgin Vale branch of the QCWA will be holding their monthly meeting at the Elgin Vale QCWA Rooms at the corner of Manumbar Road and Porters Road, Nanango from 10:00am to around 12:00 noon today. The branch meets on the first Monday of each month (except January) and new members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Andrea on 0427-631-700.
Kumbia Hall Committee Meeting
- The Kumbia Hall Committee will be holding its first Monday of the month meeting in the meeting room at the front of Kumbia Hall in Bell Street at 7:30pm this evening. New members are always very welcome! The Hall and/or Supper Room are also available for hire - send an email or message Kumbia Hall on Facebook for more information.
Yarraman RSL Meeting
- The Yarraman RSL branch will be holding its regular first Monday monthly meeting at Kitty Cook House in Emmert Street, Yarraman at 11:00am this morning. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0415-898-531.
Sing Australia - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett branch of the Sing Australia singing group will be holding their regular Monday night meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Alford Street, Kingaroy (opposite Shoppingworld) from 7:00pm to around 9:00pm this evening. The group have a welcoming, inclusive and fun approach to singing and meet every Monday except for school and public holidays. New members are very welcome, and you can obtain more details by phoning Sharron on (0431) 816-071 or by emailing her.
South Burnett Gem & Fossicking Club - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Gem and Fossicking Club will be holding their regular Monday meeting at their club's workshop in Shed 1 in the South Burnett Enterprise Centre at 6 Cornish Street, Kingaroy from 8:30am to around 1:00pm today. The club embraces all aspects of lapidary (including gem hunting and cutting) and meets in Kingaroy every Monday and Thursday. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone 0491-606-427.
Monday Afternoon Bingo - Blackbutt
- Blackbutt Tourism & Heritage Association will be running bingo games at Blackbutt's Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt this afternoon (doors open at 12:00 noon - eyes down at 12:30pm). For just $23, guests can enjoy 15 games including 2 jackpot rounds, and be in the running for a $10 lucky door prize as well. All games offer cash prizes and tea, coffee and biscuits will be available for purchase if you get hungry or thirsty. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Noeleen on 0458-539-821.
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 7:00am to 1:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Proston SES Training Night
- The Proston SES group will be meeting at their shed at the corner of Collingwood and Nelson Streets in Proston at 5:30pm this evening for their regular weekly training night. New members are very welcome!
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to around 12:30pm today for its regular Monday get-together. The Men's Shed meets most Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome! More details? Phone 0491-102-087
Local SES Meeting
- SES volunteers from Wondai, Murgon, Nanango and Kingaroy will be holding their weekly group meeting from 7:00pm to 9:00pm tonight. The venue alters from one week to the next, but you can find the location of tonight's meeting by phoning Scott on 0460-304-715. Potential new SES volunteers are also very welcome to attend.
Proston QCWA Crafts Group
- The Proston QCWA Crafts Group will be holding their regular Monday meeting at the Proston QCWA Rooms in Rodney Street from 9:00am today. The group's members pursue a wide variety of crafts and you don't need to be a QCWA member to attend and join in. More details? Phone Eileen on 0429-856-770 or Cheryl on 0409-361-989.
Line Dancing - Blackbutt
- A line dancing class will be held at the Blackbutt Memorial Hall in Bowman Road, Blackbutt at 7:00pm tonight. Line dancing classes are held every Monday night and Wednesday morning, and new dancers are always welcome.
Monday Night Darts
- The Nanango Darts Club at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango will be running its regular weekly competition night from 7:00pm this evening. New members are always welcome. More details? Phone (07) 4163-2255.
Board Games Night - Kingaroy
- Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy will be running a Board Games Night in conjunction with local game vendors Gamez Knight from 6:00pm until 9:00pm this evening. There'll be a huge range of games on offer and they're all free to play. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Prep Open Morning - Moffatdale
- Moffatdale State School at 892 Barambah Road at Moffatdale will be holding a Prep Open Morning from 8:45am to 10:45am today so that parents can inspect the school and its facilities prior to enrolling their child for Prep in 2014. Parents can book a spot or find out more details by phoning the school on (07) 4168-4724.
South Burnett Pantry - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pantry will be open from 8:30am to 12:00 noon today at 1A (Lot 3) Railway Terrace in Kingaroy. The Pantry is a not-for-profit registered charity run by a Board of Management and staffed by volunteers, and it helps low income families, couples and singles stretch their shopping dollar further. The Pantry offers $40 pantry hampers that contain most of the food and personal cleaning items that most people need to get through part of the week (though you'll need to shop elsewhere for extras or special items). And anyone who's finding it hard to make ends meet is very welcome to make use of it. More details? Phone James on 0438-071-658. PS: If you'd like to help The Pantry in any way - either by volunteering or donating goods - please contact James about this too, or visit the website.