Saturday, 18 November 2023
Add your event
Linville Heritage & Arts Festival
- The first day of the 4th annual Linville Heritage And Arts Festival will be held in Linville today to celebrate 113 years since the first train arrived at the former timber town. Today the Festival will kick off with a free Bush Poets Community Breakfast at Linville Hall from 7:00am to 8:00am. This will be followed by morning teas and live music at the nearby Linville Store and Cafe between 10:00am and noon; and dinners at the Linville Hotel from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. During the day (9:00am to 4:00pm) there'll also be lots of activities in the town including a Bush Poetry Competition at Linville Hall; Chainsaw Art; the awarding of the Linville Art Prize; Whip Cracking and Camp Oven Cooking demonstrations; a Children's Petting Zoo; live music and a Great Aussie BBQ at the Linville Hotel; a Heritage Fashion Parade in Linville Hall; and a self-guided history walk for visitors that will be available throughout both days. This evening, there'll also be a paid Concert Under The Stars with Voices, and tickets for this can be booked online. You can get a complete program of all the Festival's events and activities on the Linville Progress Association website
Wheatlands State School Comedy Night - Wondai
- A comedy night will be held at Wondai Town Hall in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 6:45pm (when doors open) until around 11:45pm tonight as a fundraiser for the school's P&C. The evening will be run by The Comedy Empire, who'll be presenting an exciting night of hilarious stand-up comedy featuring comedians from the Sydney and Melbourne Comedy Festivals, and tickets can be purchased individually or as a table of 10 through this link. Hot and cold grazing platters will be served to your table before the show starts at 8:00pm, and EFT will be available for purchasing your drink tickets at the bar. This is an 18-plus event but everyone is welcome!
Proston Men's Shed
- The Proston Men's Shed will be meeting at their workshop buildings at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston for their regular Saturday morning get-together today, kicking off with a cuppa at 9:00am and continuing on until noon. New members are always very welcome. More details? Phone Geoff on 0439-694-000.
Tiaras To The Top Tour - Nanango
- South Burnett singer Louise Winton will be bringing her two hour Tiaras To The Top Tour to the Nanango Theatre Company's playhouse at the corner of Elk and George Streets, Nanango for a matinee performance (1:30pm) and an evening performance (7:00pm) today. Louise will be performing songs from stage and screen and the concert will offer Fun and laughter - as well as times for reflection - along with audience participation. Tickets to either show are $25 and they can be booked online. More details? Phone 0427-748-692.
Nanango Stamp Club Meeting
- The Nanango Stamp Club will be holding its monthly meeting at Nanango RSL's Long Hai room in Henry Street, Nanango at 10:00am this morning, followed by an optional lunch at the RSL's servery. The club meets on the third Saturday of each month and new members are always welcome. More details? Phone Rod on 0400-523-330.
Open Garden - Brooklands
- An Open Garden will be held at 86 Boldery Road in Brooklands from 8:30am to 4:00pm today (and also tomorrow). Apart from a beautiful garden, the event will also feature craft and plant stalls, and morning teas and BBQ lunches will be available for purchase as well. Entry fees are $5 and all proceeds of the day will go to aid the Leukaemia Foundation. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Greg or Joy on (07) 4164-7217.
Kingaroy Men's Shed
- The Kingaroy Men's Shed will be holding their regular Saturday morning meeting at the old Motor Pool building off Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport from 9:00am to around noon today. The group meet every Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday morning and new members and visitors are always welcome.
Moore Hall Markets
- The monthly Moore Markets will be held outside the Moore Soldiers Memorial Hall off the D'Aguilar Highway in Moore from 9:00 to around 3:00pm today. The markets are held on the 3rd Saturday of every month and feature hand painted china; hand made jewellery; hand crafted dolls; quilts; biscuit tin banjos; jade; wooden toys; delightful handmade bags; plants; bric-a-brac; antiques and collectables; tea cosies; baby clothes; tea towels; candles; soaps; cakes; jams and pickles, and more. There's also great brekkies available inside the Hall. Everyone is welcome!
Yarraman Men's Shed
- The Yarraman Men's Shed at the end of Mill Street, Yarraman will be holding one of its regular get-togethers from 10:00am to 4:00pm today. The Men's Shed is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays and new members are always welcome. More details? Send them an email
Proston Country Markets
- The monthly Proston Country Markets - organised by the Proston Show Society and held on the 3rd Saturday of each month - will be running oputside the QCWA Rooms at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston from 8:00am to around noon this morning. Stalls feature everything from craftwork to baked goods and bric-a-brac are are always fun to browse. There'll also be a great BBQ breakfast and Devonshire morning teas available, as well as a large fruit and veggie tray raffle. Stall fees are just $5 if you want to join in the action and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Val or Helen on 0457-094-145.
South Burnett Rugby League Presentations - Nanango
- South Burnett Rugby League will be holding a Presentation Afternoon at Stags Oval on the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango's CBD from 3:30pm (for a 4:30pm start) today. The event will present awards to the region's top rugby league players for the 2023 season and entry tickets (available from the SBRL's online shop) are $15 per head.
Big Arvo Out - Kilkivan
- The Kilkivan community will be hosting a Big Arvo Out at Kilkivan Town Hall in Bligh Street, Kilkivan from 3:00pm to 8:00pm today as a charity fundraiser for local youth Owen Rowe and his family, who are battling leukaemia. The Big Day Out will feature live music from three young bands; market stalls offering jewellery, art, plants and cakes; and a multi-prize raffle and lucky door prize, both of which will be drawn at 7:00pm. Guests are welcome to BYO alcohol if they wish, but they should also bring cash because there's no EFTPOS in the hall. Entry fees are just $10 for over 16s or a gold coin donation for U16s, and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone 0422-377-154.
Saturday Line Dancing - Wooroolin
- Line dancing classes will be held at Wooroolin Hall on the Bunya Highway at Wooroolin this morning. Classes will run from 9:00am to 10:00am (beginners) and 10:30am to 12:30pm (improvers) and a small dancing fee applies to either class. Everyone is welcome.
Kingaroy Friendship Markets
- The third Saturday of the month Friendship Markets will be held at Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street, Kingaroy from 6:00am to around 11:30am today. The markets are run by the Kingaroy Show Society and feature a great range of arts, crafts, food stalls, fruit and garden stalls, plus unusual bric-a-brac. New stallholders are always very welcome! More details? Phone Craig on 0408-880-927 or Rita on 0427-644-131.
- The Yarraman Progress Association's Yarraman Markets will be held on the vacant block at the corner of the D'Aguilar and New England Highways (ie opposite Bendigo Bank) in Yarraman from 7:00am until around 12:00 noon today. The markets - now held on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Saturday each month - feature trash and treasure stalls, car boot sellers, local produce and hand-made goods, as well as food stalls. Everyone is welcome and if you'd like to book a stall yourself - it's only $10! - phone 0498-540-340.
Pistols & Peanuts - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pistol Club will be holding the second day of their three-day ISSF and Blackpowder Open Shoot at their clubhouse at the corner of Harris and Redmans roads in Kingaroy today as part of this year's 61st anniversary celebrations. New members and spectators are very welcome. More details? Phone Paul on 0427-132-178.
Tennis Tournament - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy & District Tennis Association will be holding a weekend-long Tennis Tournament at their courts in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today and tomorrow. This is a family friendly event with competitions in Men's and Ladies Singles and Doubles, along with Mixed Doubles and Juniors. Competition fees range between $20 and $30 and there'll be both day and night games. There'll also be a BBQ lunch and dinner available on site, and prizes to be won. Players should register online and spectators are very welcome.
Rufus Jack - Wondai
- Popular South Burnett rock band Rufus Jack will be performing at the Cecil Hotel in Mackenzie Street, Wondai from 7:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free and the hotel's kitchen will be open for dinner or snacks. More details? Phone the Cecil on (07) 4137-7716.
Saturday Night Bingo - Kilkivan
- Bingo games will be played at the Kilkivan Bowls Club in Crescent Street, Kilkivan from 5:00pm tonight (eyes down at 6:00pm). There'll be 10 games on offer with great prizes - including a $650 jackpot - and play books are just $10 each. Food and drinks will also be available for purchase, and there'll be live music and great raffle prizes to win as well. Note: Last month's bingo night attracted 56 players and tonight's crowd might be equally big, given that this is the last monthly bingo session for 2023. Everyone is welcome!
Disaster Preparedness Day - Bunya Mountains
- The Bunya Mountains Disaster Management Sub-Group will be holding a Community Disaster Resilience and Preparedness Day on the grassed area to the right of The Bunyas in Bunya Avenue at Dandabah from 10:00am to 1:00pm today. The event will allow residents and visitors to meet with emergency services personnel and the Sub Group and learn more about how they can prepare themselves for disasters. Everyone is welcome.
Boukabou - Kingaroy
- Boukabou will be performing at the Commercial Hotel at the corner of Glendon and Haly Streets, Kingaroy from 5:00pm until late tonight. Admission is free and the hotel's kitchen will be open for dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the Commercial on (07) 4162 1380.
80s Party - Goomeri
- The Goomeri Caravan Park and Bush Camp at 5939 Wide Bay Highway north of Goomeri will be holding an 80s Party this evening. Guests are encouraged to dress up in 80s gear to enjoy live DJ music, fun and games. More details? Phone the camp on 0492-340-783.
Footsteps - Kingaroy
- South Burnet entertainers Footsteps will be performing at the Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy from 7:00pm until 11:00pm tonight. Admission is free. More details from the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
- The South Burnett's junior cricket teams will be playing out of the region in Gayndah today against Central Burnett teams. But in the seventh round of the senior competition, Tingoora Huntsmen will play Wooroolin Warriors at Tingoora Sportsground; Wondai Wolves will play the Murgon Diggers at the Wondai Cricket Grounds; Kingaroy Services Orange will play Tingoora Vikings at Taabinga State School; and Nanango Scorpions will play Kingaroy Services Blue at the Alan Downie Sports Fields in Nanango, with all senior matches starting at 12:30pm. And finally - in round 6 of the Gympie A Grade One Day Competition - Wooroolin Warriors will play Gympie Royals at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy, and Murgon Crusaders will play Gympie Valleys at the Murgon Sportsgrounds, with both matches also starting at 12:30pm. Spectators are welcome at all games.
- The Wondai parkrun group will be holding their weekly 5km timed runs at Coronation Park in Wondai at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the South Burnett Rail Trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event. More details? Send an email.
Ros Gregor Parkrun - Nanango
- The Nanango parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Ros Gregor Trail at Tipperary Flat next to the D'Aguilar Highway south of Nanango at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the trail and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Railway Park Parkrun - Proston
- The Proston parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run at Railway Park in Rodney Street, Proston at 7:00am this morning. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online at parkrun.com.au and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Brisbane Valley Rail Trail Parkrun - Blackbutt
- The Blackbutt parkrun group will be holding its weekly 5km timed walk/run along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail at Blackbutt from 7:00am this morning. The starting line is adjacent to the Roy Emerson Museum, off Bowman Road. Runners follow a course along the former railway line and the parkrun group is free to join. All you need to do is register (once) online (it's officially called the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail parkrun) and bring the printed barcode to any parkrun event.
Cyril Burke Lecture - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Community Awareness Group will be hosting a presentation by Cyril Burke at Kingaroy Town Hall in Glendon Street, Kingaroy at 6:00pm tonight. Cyril will be discussing electrical and magnetic (EMF) field detection, mitigation and shielding strategies and he will also discuss the many different types of EMF frequencies most people are now exposed to on a daily basis, including 5G. The lecture is free but an RSVP is necessary to attend. You can make one by texting RSVP to 0427-695-120 or sending an email to 5GHazardawareness@proton.me
The Bowery Boys - Linville
- Popular entertainers The Bowery Boys will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 3:30pm to 7:30pm today as part of this weekend's Linville Heritage & Arts Festival. The hotel's kitchen will also be open from 11:00am for lunch, dinner and snacks and there's paid accommodation at the hotel or free camping across the road if you want to stay over. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280.
Dinner Under The Stars - Bunya Mountains
- SOLD OUT! The 3rd annual Bunya Mountains Dinner Under The Stars will be held at Rice's Log Cabins on the Bunya Mountains Road in the Bunya Mountains from 4:30pm onwards tonight. For $120 per head, guests can enjoy a delicious three course dinner prepared by Roberta Schablon, a Welcome To Country and Smoking Ceremony, great music by Ryza, a talk on Indigenous astronomy by Wayne Fossey and Diana Glass, plus live and silent auctions. The dinner is being organised by the Bunya Mountains Community Association as a fundraiser for a planned Bunya Mountains Community Centre and it is jointly sponsored by the South Burnett and Western Downs Regional Councils, Stanwell, Kingaroy Body Works, RES and The Bunyas Tavern. Tickets can be booked online.
Saturday, 18 November 2023
Add your event