Grooving In The Gardens - Nanango
- The South Burnett Regional Council will be presenting the fourth of five free, monthly "Grooving In The Gardens" concerts at Ringsfield House at 41-45 Alfred Street, Nanango from 11:00am to 2:00pm this afternoon. Guests can bring along a picnic lunch and a blanket or folding chairs and enjoy a jazz concert from performers Matt & Julie. More details? Phone the Council on (07) 4189-9100. Note: If it's raining today, this event will relocate to the Nanango Showgrounds covered area in Cairns Street.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Murgon Music Muster
- The final day of the annual 6-day Murgon Music Muster will get underway at the Murgon PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon today with a bush poet's breakfast from 7:30am to 9:00am, followed by a bit of gospel music and performances by some of this year's professional country music guest artists who'll play on stage until late this afternoon. There'll also be a licensed bar and canteen operating on site, and camping sites ($13 per person per night for powered sites or $10 pp/pn for unpowered sites) are available if you want to stay over. Entry fees today are $10 and you can find out more details and book tickets and campsites on the Murgon Music Muster website.
- The Linville Progress Association will be holding their monthly markets in George Street, Linville (down from the Linville Hotel) from 7:00am to around 12:00 noon this morning. The markets feature great BBQ breakfasts and lots of fresh produce, home-made foods, crafts and bric-a-brac and run on the first Sunday of each month. Everyone is welcome and potential new stallholders should phone Gail on 0402-845-186 for more information.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Sesh With Amber Goldsmith - Nanango
- Popular South Burnertt country entertainer Amber Goldsmith will be performing at the Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. There's no admission and the hotel's bistro will be open for lunch, dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the Commercial on (07) 4163-1208.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Amos - Linville
- Popular South Burnett entertainer Amos will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am until 3:00pm this afternoon. The hotel's kitchen will also be operating from 11:00am for lunch and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the hotel if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280
Kumbia Races Calcutta
- The Kumbia Race Club's traditional Calcutta - an annual lead-in event for the Kumbia Races on Tuesday - will be held at the Bell Street racecourse at 2:00pm this afternoon. You can read how the Calcutta operates in Ross Stanley's latest Gunsynd's Gossip column, where he previews the highlights of this year's Kumbia Cup meeting.
Proston Rally & Burnouts
- The Proston Car Rally Club will be holding the second (and final) day of their regular Proston Rally at their racing track today (the club's track is located 7.5km west of Proston at 757 Proston-Boondooma Road). Racing will commence early this morning and wrap up around 2:00pm this afternoon. Up to 50 cars attend Proston Rally Club meetings from all over Queensland and NSW and spectators are very welcome. There'll also be a cash-only cantren and bar running throughout the event. Hot showers, toilets and free camping are available on site too. Admission to the Rally just a gold coin donation for spectators and everyone is welcome! More details? Phone 0427-247-582 or 0402-517-909
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.