Murgon CBD Markets
- The monthly Murgon Markets will be held in Lamb Street in the heart of Murgon from 7:00am until about 12:00 noon today. The markets run on the second Sunday of each month and offer locally made crafts, foods and produce - always an interesting Sunday morning out. New stallholders are always welcome too! More details? Phone Alan on 0475-453-614.
Open Mike Jam Session & Social Bowls - Kilkivan
- The Kilkivan Bowls Club in Crescent Street, Kilkivan will be holding a free Open Mic Jam Session from 1:00pm to around 5:00pm today. The club's bar and hot food will be available from noon, and barefoot social bowls will be happening on the greens from around 1:00pm as well (green fees for this are $8 for adults or $4 for students). Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone (07) 5484-1270.
Mountain Bike Trail Ride - Gordonbrook
- The South Burnett Mountain Bike Club will be holding a trail ride on their newly-completed cycling trail network at Gordonbrook Dam from 8:00am this morning (all riders will meet up at the dam's bottom car park). The trail ride is non-competitive, free and open to all mountain bike cyclists, whether they're club members or not. The trails network includes trails for all ability levels and everyone is welcome.
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Sophie Rainbow - Linville
- Entertainer Sophie Rainbow will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am until 3:00pm this afternoon. The hotel's kitchen will also be operating from 11:00am for lunch and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the hotel if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Sunday Sesh With Chris Wenner - Nanango
- Popular South Burnertt country entertainer Chris Wenner will be performing at the Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. There's no admission and the hotel's bistro will be open for lunch, dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the Commercial on (07) 4163-1208.
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Open Mic Afternoon - Proston
- The Golden Spurs Hotel at the corner of Blake and Rodney Streets in Proston will be hosting an Open Mic Afternoon from 12:00 noon until late tonight. The hotel's kitchen will also be open for lunch, dinner or snacks and everyone is welcome. More details? Phone the Spurs on (07) 4168-9376.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.