Linville Heritage & Arts Festival
- The second (and final) day of the 4th annual Linville Heritage And Arts Festival will be held in Linville today to celebrate 113 years since the first train arrived at the former timber town. Today the Festival will kick off with a strawberries and pancakes breakfast in the George Street Community Gardens from 7:00am to 8:00am, alongside community markets that will run inside Linville Hall and the gardens from 7:00am to noon. During the day there'll also be horse and carriage rides through town; a children's play and activity area; live music and lunches at the Linville Hotel; and much more. You can get a complete program of all the Festival's events and activities on the Linville Progress Association website.
Motors & Mochas - Kingaroy
- A Motors & Mochas morning will be held at the Kingaroy Machinery Club's grounds in Geoff Raph Drive at Kingaroy Airport from 9:00am to around 11:00am this morning. People who'd like to take part should bring along a car, motorcycle or other vehicle they're particularly proud of, then grab a cuppa and appreciate the diverse range of motors on show. Spectators can also do the same (but without a vehicle). The get-together is free and everyone is welcome!
Sunday Afternoon Poker - Kingaroy
- Sunday afternoon poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy today. Registrations start at 2:00pm and play begins at 2:30pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755.
Blackbutt Country Markets
- The Blackbutt Lions Country Markets - run on the third Sunday of every month - will be held at Les Muller Park in Hart Street, Blackbutt from 7:00am until around mid-day today. The markets offer a wide range of locally produced arts, crafts and freshly harvested foodstuffs from more than 40 stallholders and everyone is welcome along!
Sunday Bingo - Wondai
- Bingo games will be held at the Wondai RSL in Mackenzie Street, Wondai this afternoon, with eyes down from 1:30pm. There will be 3 jackpots and 15 games on offer, and the kitchen will be open for light meals. Proceeds will go to help Wondai RSL veterans. More details? Phone (07) 4168-5297.
Open Garden - Brooklands
- An Open Garden will be held at 86 Boldery Road in Brooklands from 8:30am to 4:00pm today . Apart from a beautiful garden, the event will also feature craft and plant stalls, and morning teas and BBQ lunches will be available for purchase as well. Entry fees are $5 and all proceeds of the day will go to aid the Leukaemia Foundation. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Greg or Joy on (07) 4164-7217.
- The Kumbia and District Historical Society's museum, located in the Federation Heritage Centre behind Kumbia Hall in Bell Street, will be open from 1:30pm to 3:30pm this afternoon. The museum contains an excellent photographic display of local history and is well worth a visit. More details? Phone Gayle on (07) 4164-4175.
Sunday Sesh With Natalie Fenton - Nanango
- Popular South Burnett vocalist Natalie Fenton and guitarist Lea Reyes will be performing at the Commercial Hotel in Drayton Street, Nanango from 2:00pm to 6:00pm this afternoon. There's no admission and the hotel's bistro will be open for lunch, dinner and snacks. More details? Phone the Commercial on (07) 4163-1208.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Sunday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
South Burnett Music Awards Launch - Blackbutt
- The 2024 South Burnett Music Awards will; be launched at Blackbutt's Radnor Hotel at the corner of Coulson and Hart Streets from 2:00pm to 4:00pm this afternoon. The awards pay tribute to South Burnett musicians and venues, and also raise funds to supply South Burnett music students with musical instruments. Entertainment for today's launch will be supplied by award-winning musicians Lloyd Back and Amos Pellas and everyone is welcome. However - to help plan the catering for nibbles - an RSVP by November 8 would be appreciated. You can make one by phoning the Radnor on (07) 4163-0203.
Sunday Cricket - Murgon
- The third round of the Junior Representative Intercity Challenge will be played at the Murgon Sportsgrounds in Macalister Street, Murgon from 9:00am this morning, when the U12s and U14s South Burnett sides play similarly-aged teams from Fraser Coast across two fields. Spectators are very welcome.
Pistols & Peanuts - Kingaroy
- The South Burnett Pistol Club will be holding the third (and final) day of their three-day ISSF and Blackpowder Open Shoot at their clubhouse at the corner of Harris and Redmans roads in Kingaroy today as part of this year's 60th anniversary celebrations. New members and spectators are very welcome. More details? Phone Paul on 0427-132-178.
Tennis Tournament - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy & District Tennis Association will be holding the second day of their weekend-long Tennis Tournament at their courts in Oliver Bond Street, Kingaroy today. This is a family friendly event with competitions in Men's and Ladies Singles and Doubles, along with Mixed Doubles and Juniors. Competition fees range between $20 and $30 and there'll be both day and night games. There'll also be a BBQ lunch and dinner available on site, and prizes to be won. Players should register online and spectators are very welcome.
Bunya Red Farm Open Day - Inverlaw
- Bunya Red Farm at 544 Wattlegrove Road, Inverlaw, will be holding their second last Open Day for 2023 from 9:00am to 4:00pm today. Farm visitors can learn how Bunya Red Farm grows its award-winning capers and there'll also be paddock tours and alpaca feeding sessions to enjoy. Morning and afternoon teas and light lunches will be available on site, and the farm's shop will be open if you want to stock up on their great caper products. If you like, you can also visit Chrissy Trees For You - which is almost next door - to pick up a Christmas Tree or some Yuletide decorations from CT4U's Christmas Shop. Everyone is welcome! More details? Phone Allan or Mandy on (07) 4164-3186.
Songs Of The Season - Nanango
- The South Burnett Chorale will be presenting their annual Christmas Concert - which is called "Songs Of The Season" this year - at Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church at 37 Gipps St, Nanango from 4:00pm to around 5:30pm this afternoon. The Chorale will be presenting beautiful songs from all over the planet, ranging from the traditional to the modern day, and tickets - which include afternoon tea - are just $15. Tickets can be booked online and everyone is welcome. Note: A second concert will be held in Kingaroy next Sunday to officially launch the region's 2023 Yuletide season.
Eleven Dollar Bills - Linville
- The Eleven Dollar Bills (aka Matt and Oran) will be performing at the Linville Hotel in George Street, Linville from 11:00am until 3:00pm today. The hotel's kitchen will also be operating from 11:00am until late for lunch and snacks and there's free camping across the road or paid accommodation at the hotel if you want to stay overnight. More details? Phone the hotel on (07) 5424-7280