June 14, 2021
Drumming, hard rock riffs and even a bit of country music … that’s how South Burnett CTC employees let their hair down at the not-for-profit group’s annual CTC Day last Thursday.
Well over hundred CTC workers filled Wondai Town Hall for team-building (including the drumming and music competitions), lunch and the all-important annual awards.
COVID-19 derailed last year’s CTC Day, with CEO Nina Temperton rushing around the various workplaces to hand out awards rather than getting everyone together at the one location.
But that was the least of the organisation’s issues with COVID, with the pandemic restrictions posing many issues for staff members who work with the some of the South Burnett’s most vulnerable residents.
“COVID was a challenge for CTC at best and a nightmare at worst,” Mrs Temperton said. “But our teams rose to the challenge.”
Engraved glasses were presented to employees who had clocked up five years or 10 years service before the special Team Awards were announced.
These are nominated by the workers in each section of CTC and are decided on the number of votes,
Mrs Temperton said it was an honour to receive a Team Award because it meant their colleagues had nominated them.
* * *
Full list of 2021 Award Recipients
Team Awards (voted by peers):
- Bernie Kolling – Gumnut Place
- Angie Fisher – Partners In Foster Care
- Deb Emery – Youth & Family Services Kingaroy
- George Fisher – Connections
- Jen Lonsdale-Light – Disability Services
- Hayden Mashford – Residential
- Shaun Bliesner – HQ
The Howard Leisemann STAR Award – “Service, Teamwork, Attitude and Reliability” – is named in honour of former CTC chairman Howard Leisemann who led the organisation for more than 25 years and still serves as Treasurer. It recognises someone who has consistently demonstrated STAR qualities over a long period.
- 2021 winner – CTC IT System Administrator Andrew Overton
The second special award, the John Quatermass Award, is named in honour of the late “JQ”, a founding member of CTC and former chairman and patron. It is not awarded every year.
- 2021 winner – CTC Headquarters’ Matthew Kenny who worked to pull together all the COVID-19 requirements for the various arms of South Burnett CTC during 2020-21.
* * *
5 Years Service Awards
Other CTC employees to have served five years are Jodene Sagar, Thomas Walsh, Gemma Haddock, Tegan Krosch, Petra Brandon and Barbara Sandbach
* * *
5 Years Service Awards – CTC Board
Other CTC Board Members to have served five years are Bernadette Upton, Maurice Freeman and Jo Gadischke
* * *
10 Years Service Awards
* * *
* * *
- South Burnett CTC Says ‘Thank You’ (2020)
- CTC Looks Back On Another Year (2019)
- CTC Honours Its Workers (2018)
- CTC Celebrates Another Big Year (2017)
- Gumnut Place Wins National Award (2016)
- CTC Hands Out Awards (2015)
- 30 Years Of Community Service (2013)