August 11, 2020
Murgon combined agents held their fat and store sale on Tuesday, where 800 head were yarded.
Export cattle remained firm throughout, and weaner cattle also sold to a very strong market.
Cattle were drawn from Eidsvold, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
Pratt Agencies & Other Agents sale results:
- Heavy Bulls topped at $3.15/kg and $2540
- Bullocks sold to $3.59 for $1790
- Heavy Cows over 500kg topped at $2.85 and $1820, averaging $2.60/kg
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $2.89/kg for a $2.54/kg average
- Lighter Cows under 400kg topped at $2.54/kg
- Export heifers sold to $2.95/kg for $1540
- Hereford steers from Manumbar sold for $3.59/kg at $1855
- Local 348kg Simmental cross steers sold for $3.79/kg and $1320
- 314kg Droughtmaster steers from Tansey also sold to $3.79/kg to return $1192
- 390kg Charbray steers sold for $3.76/kg at $1467
- Three pens of quality Charbray weaner steers from Eidsvold sold for $4.78/kg to top at $1379, averaging $1156
- 207kg Angus weaner steers from Nanango sold for $4.70/kg at $975
- Braford cross weaner steers from Mt Perry sold for $4.36/kg at $1035, and $4.37/kg at $816
- Braford Heifers from Mt Perry sold for $3.64c at $1315
- Brahman heifers weighing 393kg from Mt Perry sold for $3.61/kg at $1420
- 363kg Charbray heifers from Crownthorpe sold for $3.60/kg, returning $1300
- Charolais cross weaner heifers from Yarraman sold to $4.02/kg and $831
- Limousin cross weaner heifers from Hivesville sold to $4.02/kg and $915
- Light Brahman weaner heifers from Wooroolin sold for $3.99 and $638
- Limousin cross heifers from Kumbia sold for $3.98/kg and $643
- Crossbred cows and calves sold to $1600 per head
The next Murgon sale is on Tuesday, August 25 at 8:00am.
* * *
Aussie Land & Livestock sale results:
- Steers under 200kg sold for an average $4.21/kg, returning $758
- Steers 200-300kg sold for an average $4.26/kg at $1030
- Steers 300-400kg sold for an averaqge $3.65/kg, returning $1233
- Steers 400-500kg sold to a top of $3.68/kg at $1793
- Heifers under 200kg fetched an average price of $3.81/kg at $659
- Heifers 200-300kg returned an average $3.72/kg and $886
- Heifers 300-400kg sold to a top of $3.64/kg and $1421
- Heifers over 400kg sold to an average $3.47/kg at $1487
- Bulls under 450kg sold to an average $4.00/kg, returning $807
- Bulls 450-600kg sold to a top of $3.15/kg and $1891
- Bulls over 600kg sold for $2.95 and $2.98/kg, returning $1889 and $1997
- Cows under 400kg sold for an average $2.44/kg at $920
- Cows 400-520kg sold to a top of $2.66/kg, returning $1251
- Cows over 520kg sold at an average $2.55/kg for $1546
The next Coolabunia Fat and Store sale will be held on Tuesday, August 25 at noon.
A Charolais Bull Sale will also be held on August 13 and a Limousin Bull Sale on August 14 – contact Aussie Land And Livestock on (07) 4162-2233 for more information about these.
[UPDATED with correction]