June 14, 2018
South Burnett Mayor Keith Campbell has issued a warning that the upcoming Council Budget – due to be handed down on June 25 – won’t be easy for ratepayers.
In a media statement, Mayor Campbell said councillors had been “faced with the hard facts around what we can afford compared to what we have been delivering for the past 10 years”.
“We know this Budget will not be easy for anyone but we also know this Budget is necessary to enable Council to be financially responsible on behalf of our ratepayers,” he said.
The proposed Budget was presented to councillors last week for their final consideration prior to the Budget meeting.
Mayor Campbell said that Council’s task, as a regional local government, was to provide community essential services in an economically responsible manner.