June 22, 2022
The fifth annual Wondai Country Running Festival will spring into action this weekend on the South Burnett Rail Trail.
Race director Ros Heit said entries were pouring in for the various events, which kick off at 7:00am on Saturday with the regular Wondai parkrun and conclude with a full marathon on Sunday.
She said the popular CROW-FM Dash for Cash on Saturday morning would have a new format this year.
There will be a $5 entry fee on the day with cash prizes from $10 to $1 for the first 10 runners in each category.
As well as all the running, there will be plenty of action for spectators and visitors to enjoy on Saturday morning in nearby Coronation Park.
There will be stalls, markets, music, whipcracking, helicopter rides, pony carriage rides and lots more.
On Saturday night, the Wondai Country dinner will be held at the Wondai Town Hall.
Dinner tickets can be booked online
The dinner will have a “country” theme and will include a licensed bar and mulled wine.
- External link: Registrations for the running events can be made online (results will also be uploaded here)
* * *
What’s Happening & When
- 7:00am – Wondai parkrun on the South Burnett Rail Trail.
- 8:15am – 1km CROW-FM Dash For Cash on the Rail Trail. Three age categories: 18 and under, 40 and under and Masters. $5 entry fee on the day. First prize $10, second $9, third $8 and down to $1 for tenth. Perpetual trophy.
- 8:45am – 1km South Burnett CTC All Abilities race on the Rail Trail. Carers and wheelchairs welcome but no motorised vehicles.
- 9:00am – Hansen Kitchens Family 2km Fun Run on the Rail Trail. Untimed and social for all the family. Parents welcome to accompany young children. Prams and dogs welcome. $5 entry. Lots of random prizes.
- 12:30pm – 21.1km PCA Forest Trail through McEuen Forest, (see map below).
- 1:30pm – 11.1km PCA Forest Trail through McEuen Forest, (see map below).
- 6:30am – Marathon on the Rail Trail.
- 7:00am – Half-Marathon on the Rail Trail.
- 7:30am – 10km run on the Rail Trail.
* * *
Saturday’s Forest Trail Runs