January 12, 2021
More locations have been added to Queensland Health’s contact tracing list after confirmation the partner of a quarantine hotel cleaner has now also tested positive.
Queensland Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said the man had been in quarantine since January 7 and had originally tested negative.
He tested positive on Monday after a second test.
Additional contact tracing is underway.
“We’re asking anyone who has been to specific locations the first positive case has been, to get tested and go into quarantine for 14 days since exposure,” Dr Young said.
“We are also asking those people to come forward for testing – regardless of whether they have symptoms or not.
“Critically, even if a negative test result is received, please continue to monitor for symptoms and get retested if necessary.”
* * *
Updated Public Alert List
- January 3 – Woolworths Calamvale – 11:00am – noon
- January 5 – Coles Sunnybank Hills – 7:30am-8:00am
- January 5 – Nextra Newsagency, Sunnybank Hills Shopping Town – 8:00am-8:15am
- January 5 – Bunnings Warehouse, Acacia Ridge – 2:00pm-2:40pm
- January 6 – Sunnybank Cellars (formerly Lucky Star Bottler), Hellawell Road, Sunnybank Hills – 2:05pm-2:15pm
As well, the following Sunshine Coast venues have also been listed, although the risk to Queenslanders is considered low.
- January 6 – Cappriccios Italian Pizza Restaurant (takeaway), Maleny – 6:30pm-7:00pm
- January 7 – Purple Palate Cellars, Maleny – 4:15pm-4:25pm
- January 7 – Woolworths Supermarket, Maleny – 4:30pm-4:50pm
- Some Restrictions Still In Place
- Have You Visited Brisbane?
- Snap Lockdown In Brisbane
- COVID Health Alert Issued