June 24, 2020
South Burnett sporting clubs have been urged to get in their applications as soon as possible to the State Government’s COVID SAFE Active Clubs Kickstart program.
Applications for the $2000 grants close at 5:00pm on June 30, or earlier if the budget is fully expended.
The grants can be used to to help COVID Safe clubs resume physical activities.
Organisations can apply for funding for:
- Equipment: eg. balls, bats, racquets, helmets, batting pads, goal post padding
- Training: eg. coach/official/instructor education and accreditation
- Equipment to improve the ability to manage the organisation: eg. office equipment/software to assist with financial/administration management
- Training to improve the ability to manage the organisation: eg. governance, financial or volunteer management training/courses/conferences
- Catering/food purchases to set up for restart post-COVID: eg. replace perishables that expired during COVID-19 restrictions
- Operational expenses, including costs to deliver activities, utilities, ground and facility maintenance costs, safety and sanitisation requirements; eg. water and electricity utilities bills, COVID-19 related signs and sanitisation stations
Clubs can apply for this funding even if they were successful in receiving Active Clubs Round 1 funding.
For more information and to apply, visit www.qld.gov.au/activeclubskickstart
- Related article: Sport Clubs Urged To Prepare