A firefighter makes the area safe around the fallen crossbar (Photo: QFES / Malar-Booie RFB)
The top of the power pole burned through and fell to the ground (Photo: QFES / Malar-Booie RFB)

June 19, 2020

An electricity pole has been blamed for sparking a grassfire on a property in Birt Road, north of Kingaroy, on Friday afternoon.

Urban and rural fire crews were called to the blaze just before 12:30pm.

Upon arrival, firefighters found the top of a power pole had burned through.

Electric wires were draped across the paddock and a large crossbar was lying on the ground.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze which burned out an area of several acres.

Ergon Energy crews also attended to make the area safe.

Malar-Booie rural firies joined a QFES crew at the incident … Clinton Hansen, Peter McCauley, Neil Mungall, Glen Collier (QFES), Michelle Hansen, Russell Hood (QFES), Kieran Smith (QFES) and Bruce Groer (QFES) (Photo: QFES / Malar-Booie RFB)
An area of several acres was blackened by the fire (Photo: QFES / Malar-Booie RFB)
Downer Position Vacant - click here
Downer Position Vacant - click here

One Response to "Power Pole Sparks Grassfire"

  1. Tina  June 20, 2020

    Great job by the Urban crew. By the time our crew got there, they had it pretty much extinguished and the area made safe.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.