September 6, 2019
Severals roads in Kumbia and Kingaroy will be closed this weekend (September 7-8) for a major cycling event organised by the Brisbane Cycling Club (BCC) in conjunction with Cycling Queensland.
About 300 cyclists are expected to attend, along with their friends, family and support crews.
Time trials will be held on Saturday (132 nominations) with the Queensland Road Race Championships (181 nominations) on Sunday.
A South Burnett Regional Council spokesperson said traffic management would be in place to manage access to properties.
Traffic controllers and traffic marshals will assist in controlling traffic on other affected roads along the race routes.
Apart from the roads listed below, all other roads along the cycling routes will remain open to traffic.
A lead vehicle will be stationed in front of the peloton and a rear vehicle will follow behind.
The peloton will also be accompanied by other support vehicles and motorbikes.
Motorbikes will be positioned at intersections as the cyclists pass.
* * *
Temporary road closures:
Kumbia: Saturday – noon to 4:00pm
- Stuart Street, between Short Street and Roberts Street
- Francis Street, between Short Street and Stuart Street
Kingaroy: Sunday – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Somerset Street, between Alford Street/ Alford Street East and Knight Street
- Fisher Street, between Haly Street and Alford Street East
- Alford Street East, between Fisher Street and Gabbee Street
For more information, contact Cycling Queensland on (07) 3390-1477.
- Related article: Major Cycling Event Planned For Spring