April 9, 2012
The Federal Government has invited business and individuals to comment on discussion paper exploring the scope for reform of Australian contract law.
The paper, which is available to download from the Attorney-General’s Department website considers whether Australian contract law could be reformed to:
- Improve accessibility, certainty and simplicity
- Set standards of conduct
- Better support innovation and participation in the digital economy
- Better meet the needs of businesses
- Promote long-term relationships between parties
- Harmonise and internationalise contract law.
Submissions must be received by the Attorney-General’s Department by July 20, 2012.
Submissions can be made in writing to:
- Assistant Secretary
Business Law Branch
Robert Garran Offices
3-5 National Circuit
BARTON ACT 2600
or by email or fax to (02) 6141-3488.