On In The South Burnett
The South Burnett's live regional
daily events calendar!
As heard on K-FM 96.3 and 87.5, AllFM-88 and Crow-FM 90.7
Wednesday, 04 July 2018
Koala Rumba Kid's Concert - KingaroyEntertainers Cilla Slack and Eden Smith, from Blue Gum Farm TV, will be performing their latest children's show "Koala Rumba" at the Kingaroy Library in Glendon Street, Kingaroy between 10:00am and 11:00am this morning as part of the library's school holiday entertainment program. Koala Rumba debuted at the Wondai Country Running Festival on June 23 where it wowed the children who saw it with its happy mix of songs, dancing and puppetry. Admission is free but due to limited seating, an RSVP is advisable. You can make one by phoning the library on (07) 4189-9256.
Rainbow Run - Murgon
- The South Burnett PCYC in Macalister Street, Murgon will be holding their fourth Rainbow Run on the South Burnett Rail Trail this morning as a fun school holiday activity. The run will get underway at the corner of Macalister Street and Schultz Crossing from 8:30am this morning - when registrations occur - and runners will hit the trail at 9:00am. The 8km Rainbow Run is for all ages and there'll be check points at the 1km, 2km, 3km and 4km marks and returns. The cost is $10 per participant and if you're taking part, you should wear clothes that can take being covered in coloured chalk (which will wash out later on). There'll also be a $2 sausage sizzle and cold drinks available if you're hungry or thirsty. Everyone is welcome!
Indoor Bowls & Cards Day - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Senior Citizens Club will be hosting indoor bowls and cards (500) competitions at its centre on the corner of Avoca and Kingaroy Streets, Kingaroy between 9:00am and 4:00pm today. Indoor bowls competitions commence at 9:00am and cards at around 1:00pm, and the $2 admission includes a cup of tea. Everyone is welcome. For more details phone (07) 4163-6191.
Country Quilters & Crafts Group - Nanango
- The Nanango Country Quilters And Crafts group meet every Wednesday at the Nanango Cultural Centre in George Street, Nanango between 9:00am to 2:00pm. Members can get to pursue a wide variety of crafts at these informal gatherings and the $3 meeting fee includes morning tea (but BYO cup and lunch). There's also usually a raffle as well. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Tricia on (07) 4171-0124.
Blackbutt Camera Club Meeting
- The Blackbutt Camera Club will be holding a meeting at the Uniting Church Hall in Coulson Street, Blackbutt from 4:00pm to 8:00pm this evening. The club meets on the first and third Wednesdays of every month except December and January. The first Wednesday is devoted to practical photography (bring your own camera and equipment) and the third Wednesday to a review of those images and talks and tips on software (bring your laptop), followed by a committee meeting at 7:00pm. New members are always very welcome! More details? Phone Annette on (07) 4163-0148 or send her an email.
Murgon Men's Shed
- The Murgon Men's Shed will be holding a meeting at their shed in Macalister Street, Murgon (the former Murgon Railway Station) today. The Men's Shed meets every Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday to work on projects and new members are always welcome.
Timbertowns Woodworkers - Blackbutt
- The Timbertowns Woodworkers group will be holding their regular Wednesday morning meeting at the Blackbutt Showgrounds in Bowman Road, Blackbutt from 8:30am until around 12:00 noon today. New members who are interested in learning woodwork are always welcome and you can obtain more details by phoning Marcia on (07) 4170-0389
Nanango Men's Shed
- The Nanango Men's Shed at the corner of Mt Stanley Road and Heathermore Lane, Nanango will be open from 8:30am to 12:30pm today. New members are very welcome! More details? Phone Ben on 0491-102-087
Blackbutt Lions Club Meeting
- The Blackbutt Lions Club will be holding its first Wednesday of the month dinner meeting at the Lions Den off Bowman Road behind the Blackbutt Showgrounds this evening. Potential new members are guests are always welcome. More details? Phone Ivan on (07) 4170-0068.
Connections Craft Group - Kingaroy
- The Connections Craft Group will be holding its weekly meeting at The Biscuit Tin behind St Mary's Church at 15 Albert Street, Kingaroy from 12:00 noon to around 2:00pm this afternoon. Members can bring their own craft project, or join in an activity the group is doing. Everyone is welcome and morning tea is provided for a gold coin donation. More details? Phone Centacare Community Connections on (07) 4162-5439.
Goomeri SES Meeting
- The Goomeri SES will be holding their regular Wednesday night training session at the SES Building in Dickinson Park, Goomeri from 6:30pm to around 8:30pm tonight. Anyone from the Goomeri district who's interested in joining the SES (or simply finding out more about what's involved) is very welcome to come along. More details? Phone Group Leader Steve Kay on 0429-836-572 or Ray on (07) 4168-4150.
Wednesday Night Dance Class - Inverlaw
- Dance classes will be held at Inverlaw Hall in Inverlaw from 7:30pm tonight. The classes are a great way to learn ballroom dancing classics like the Quick Step, Jazz Waltz, Swing Waltz, Evening Three Step and many more, and class fees are just $4. More details? Phone David on 0459-228-882.
Chatty Craft Evening - Kingaroy
- A Chatty Craft Evening will be held at the QCWA Rooms at 122 Kingaroy Street, Kingaroy from 6:00pm to 8:00pm tonight. This free social evening is held on the first Wednesday of each month (except January) and it allows women to get together with other women interested in crafts, forge new friendships and have a great time. Simply bring along a craft you'd like to work on and a plate of food to share with a cuppa. More details? Phone Lois on 0407-965-094.
Dementia Support Group - Kingaroy
- The Orana Dementia Support Group will be holding its monthly meeting in the Community Hub at Kingaroy's Orana aged care facility from 10:00am to noon today. The group meets to discuss all aspects of dementia, provide support for carers and to share information, and all family and friends of a person suffering dementia or short term memory loss are welcome. More details? Phone Margot on (07) 4162-6555.
Wednesday Night Poker - Kingaroy
- Wednesday night poker games will be played at Kingaroy RSL in Markwell Street, Kingaroy tonight. Registrations start at 6:30pm and play begins at 7:00pm. All games are free to play and there are prizes for first, second and third. More details? Phone the RSL on (07) 4162-1755
Murgon Rotary Club Meeting
- The Murgon Rotary Club will be holding their regular Wednesday evening dinner meeting at the Murgon Services Club in Lamb Street, Murgon from 6:30pm onwards tonight (meeting starts at 7:00pm). New members are always welcome! More details? Phone (07) 4168-1180.
Wednesday Morning Bridge - Kingaroy
- The Kingaroy Bridge Club will be holding their regular Wednesday morning bridge games at the pavilion nearest to town inside the Kingaroy Showgrounds in Youngman Street from 9:00am to 1:00pm today. New and visiting players are most welcome (training is available for new players too, if needed) and the $5 meeting fee includes morning tea. More details? Phone Helen on (07) 4162-2128
Wednesday Ladies Bowls - Yarraman
- The Yarraman Bowls Club in Margaret Street, Yarraman will be holding their weekly Ladies Bowls games from 9:00am this morning. New players are always welcome. More details from the club: (07) 4163-8269.
Alcoholics Anonymous - Proston
- Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to help solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership. A.A. isn't allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organisation or institution. AA meets in Proston every Wednesday from 6:00pm at the old railway station at Railway Park in Rodney Street. For more information, phone 0427-137-140.
Wednesday, 04 July 2018