November 17, 2023
Tingoora Vikings’ Jye Hartwig dominated the Kingaroy Blues’ bowlers in their South Burnett Senior Cricket competition clash at Tingoora Sportsground last Saturday.
The Tingoora opener hit 153 runs off 79 balls – including 16 fours and 12 sixes – before finally being bowled out by Archie Black.
Admittedly, the boundaries are short at Tingoora but it was still an impressive total.
Hartwig set an impossible task for Kingaroy to overcome, with the Vikings 9/295 at the end of their 40 overs.
Archie Black (2/38 off four overs), Luke Peters (2/42 off six) and Lachlan Watson (2/40 off eight) worked hard for Kingaroy.
In reply, Kingaroy lost captain Glenn Kelly in the first over for a duck, followed by fellow opener Lachlan Watson soon afterwards for just one run.
Luke Peters steadied the ship with a century, top scoring with 122 off 109 balls.
But it wasn’t enough and the Blues were all out in the 40th over for 187.
Vikings remains at the top of the ladder, undefeated after six rounds.
* * *
Other SB Senior Results
- Murgon Diggers (3/89) def. Tingoora Huntsmen (87 all out) by seven wickets at Murgon Showgrounds
Murgon Diggers won the toss and elected to bowl.
Huntsmen were all out in the 29th over, with Robert Butters top-scoring with 35 runs.
Adrian Webster (3/10 off seven overs) and Levi Steinhardt (2/2 off 1.2 overs) finished with great bowling figures for Diggers.
In reply, Murgon overcame the target in 17.1 overs.
Openers Charlie Sippel (29) and Adrian Webster (32) got Diggers off to a good start.
Nathanial Reilly (2/16 off four) and Max Willard (1/24) took the wickets for Tingoora.
- Nanango Scorpions (1/167) def. Wondai Wolves (159 all out) by nine wickets at Wondai Cricket Ground
Wolves won the toss and elected to bat but were all out in the 38th over.
Robert Christensen (61) and Billy McDowell (26) were the top-scorers.
Nicholas Scherger (3/10 off 5.1 overs) and Brett Burrows (2/23 off eight) were the pick of the Nanango bowlers.
In reply, Scorpions overtook the target in 19 overs for the loss of just one wicket.
Dan O’Connor (82) and Thomas Town (67) finished unbeaten.
Lyndon Hopkins (1/21 off five) caught Jayden Prendergast out LBW.
- Wooroolin Warriors (7/108) def. Kingaroy Services Orange (107 all out) by three wickets at Kingaroy State School
Warriors won the toss and elected to bowl, trapping Oranges all out in 32.1 overs.
Terry Forbes (26) and Isaac Bice (14) were the top-scorers for Kingaroy.
Warriors’ bowlers shared the glory but Archie Koehler (2/11 off 4.1) and Douglas Hoare (2/4 off five) finished with the best figures.
In reply, Wooroolin passed the target in the 23rd over but lost seven wickets along the way.
Patrick Figg (30 not out) and James Searle (23) were best with the bat.
Isaac Bice (3/24 off five) and Travis Bice (1/11 off three) out a scare into Warriors.
* * *
SB Junior Results
- Nanango Scorpions (159) def. Tingoora Vikings (60) by 99 runs at Tingoora Sportsground
Scorpions innings: Beau Laherty (29 not out), Caleb Schipanski (24 not out); Josh Lamping (1/3) and Oscar Miller (1/20)
Tingoora innings: Ben Reilly (18 not out), Josh Lamping (7 not out); Eddie Morrow (1/4) and Beau Laherty (1/5)
- Kingaroy Cobras (101) def. Kingaroy Kookaburras (98) by three runs at River Road, Kingaroy
Cobras innings: Deegan Zemek (28 not out), Harrison Heit (12 not out); Dane Hampton (2/8) and Jackson D’Arcy (2/8)
Kookaburras innings: Mitch Stretton (14 not out), Max Curtis (18 not out); Harry Barlett (1/11) and Zayleb Cull (1/16)
- Nanango Scorpions (9/135) def. Kingaroy (5/134) by one wicket at Taabinga State School
Kingaroy innings: Joe Carney (25 not out), Darcy Harmsworth (15 not out); Levi Steinhardt (2/8) and Warren Newton (1/5)
Nanango innings: Jayden Prendergast (47 not out), Angus Elford (22 not out); Mackenzie Bourke (2/15) and Hudson Murphy (3/6)
* * *
Gympie A Grade
- Wooroolin Warriors (8/198) def. Gympie Valleys at at Kozminsky Oval, Gympie
- Gympie Colts (129 all out) def. Murgon Crusaders (44 all out) by 85 runs at Murgon Showground
* * *
This Weekend’s Games
South Burnett Juniors will be in action on Saturday at the Paul Dunn Oval in Gayndah from 8:00am.
Stage 2 Team 1, Stage 2 Team 2 and Stage 3 will be playing Central Burnett teams.
SB Senior Competition – Round 7 (12:30pm start)
- Tingoora Huntsmen v Wooroolin Warriors at Tingoora Sportsground
- Nanango Scorpions v Kingaroy Services at Alan Downie Sportsfields, Nanango
- Kingaroy Services Orange v Tingoora Vikings at Taabinga State School
- Wondai Wolves v Murgon Diggers at Wondai Cricket Ground
Gympie A Grade One-Day Competition – Round 6 (12:30pm start)
- Wooroolin Warriors v Gympie Royals at Lyle Vidler Oval, Kingaroy (tbc)
- Murgon Crusaders v Gympie Valleys at Murgon Showgrounds
Sunday – Junior Representative Intercity Challenge – Round 3 (9:00am start)
- Under 12s – South Burnett v Fraser Coast at Murgon Showgrounds
- Under 14s – South Burnett v Fraser Coast at Murgon Showgrounds