February 24, 2023
Murgon opener Jonathon Kapernick singlehandedly demolished Kingaroy Services Orange last Saturday in their clash at Taabinga State School.
Kapernick fell five runs short of his century off just 35 balls, hitting nine 4s and seven 6s along the way.
Kingaroy won the toss and batted first.
At the end of their 40 overs, they were 8/153 with Joshua Unverzagt top-scoring with 44 runs.
Ken Bedow was 32 not out.
Jayden Heness (2/27 off eight overs) and Will Webber (2/28 off five) had the best bowling figures for Murgon.
Murgon overcame the target in the 16th over with the help of Jonathon Kapernick, but lost six wickets cheaply along the way.
Dylan Kapernick was 21 not out at stumps.
Joshua Unverzagt (2/16 off three) and Ryan Jacobs (2/75 off off eight) were the pick of the Kingaroy bowlers.
Murgon won by four wickets.
* * *
Other Senior Results
- Wondai (4/134) def. Nanango Purple (132 all out) by six wickets at Wondai Cricket Ground
- Wooroolin Warriors (6/194) def. Kingaroy Services Blue (4/187) by four wickets at Kingaroy State School
- Tingoora Vikings (6/222) def. Nanango Yellow (118 all out) by 104 runs at Alan Downie Sports Fields, Nanango
* * *
Gympie A Grade
At the end of Day 1 of their Round 4 two-day game, played at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy, Wooroolin Warriors were all out for 121 and Murgon Crusaders 7/163.
Murgon won the toss and sent Warriors into bat.
Tyler Heness top-scored with 30 runs, while Kieran Askin made 17.
Murgon captain Brent Polzin ripped through Wooroolin’s line-up, taking 5/7 off 4.4 overs, including one maiden.
Tony Dugdell took 2/17 off seven.
In reply, Murgon opener Nathan Roderick got the Crusaders off to a strong start, scoring 53 runs including six boundaries.
Polzin had a solid captain’s knock, just falling shy of his half-century.
Kieran Askin worked hard for Wooroolin, taking 3/39 off 14 overs, including three maidens.
Luke Smith (1/4 off two overs) took the valuable wicket of Murgon veteran Ashley Sippel.
The match will continue this Saturday.
* * *
SBCA Junior Results
At at Peter Dunn Oval, Gayndah:
- Game 1 – North Burnett 84 def. South Burnett 75
- Game 2 – North Burnett 90 def. South Burnett 85
- Game 3 – North Burnett 100 def. South Burnett 59
- Stage 3 – Kingaroy (6/165) def. Nanango (86 all out) by 79 runs
Nanango innings: Josie Black (15), Slater Green (14), Jeramiah Litzow (13); Jamie Searle (1/6), Darcy Harmsworth (1/6) and Isaac Hauritz (1/9)
Kingaroy innings: Jamie Searle (33 not out), Hayden Donohue (29), Darcy Harmsworth (24 not out); Elliot Black (1/9), Alex Morley (1/19) and Slater Green (1/15)
* * *
Junior Rep Results
Round 6 of the Wide Bay Intercity Challenge, played at Bundaberg:
- Under 12s – Bundaberg (340) def. South Burnett (43 all out) by 297 runs
E. Black (9), D. Harmworth (7); E. Black (3/27) and D. Harmsworth (1/17)
- Under 14s – Bundaberg (3/245) def. South Burnett (148 all out) by 97 runs
B. Kratzmann (41), J. Williams (32 not out); R O’Connor (1/19) and J. Williams (1/20)
- Under 16s – Bundaberg (9/289) def. South Burnett (145 all out) by 144 runs
L. Black (42), L. Burrows (32); T. Town (3/46) and L. Cullen (2/26)
* * *
This Week’s Games
SBCA Junior Competition – Games start at 8:00am
- Stage 1 – Kingaroy Little Butcher v Nanango at the River Road ground in Kingaroy
- Stage 2 – Kingaroy Westlink/Pineview v Nanango at Taabinga State School
- Stage 3 – Kingaroy v Nanango at Kingaroy State School
SBCA Senior Competition – Games start at 12:30pm
- Kingaroy Services Orange v Kingaroy Services Blue at Taabinga State School
- Nanango Purple v Tingoora Vikings at Alan Downie Sports Fields, Nanango
- Wondai v Murgon at Wondai Cricket Ground
- Wooroolin Warriors v Nanango Yellow at Kingaroy State School
Gympie A Grade Two-Day Competition – Game starts at 12:30pm
- Wooroolin Warriors v Murgon Crusaders at Lyle Vidler Oval, Kingaroy – Round 4, Day 2