January 23, 2023
South Burnett speedway fans are gearing up for the biggest three nights of their year, beginning this Thursday!
The 11th annual Kings Royal will roar into life at the Kingaroy Showgrounds at 4:00pm.
As well as the Kings Royal for Modified Sedans, there will be action from Production Sedans, Street Stocks and Junior Sedans across the three days of racing (see program, below).
The prestigious Queens Royal for female drivers will be decided on Thursday night. This is the fifth time this unique event has been held as part of the Kings Royal program.
The racing to determine who will be the next “King Of Kingaroy” – and take home the $10,000 Kings Royal first prize – will be decided on Saturday night.
The Kings Royal is the largest Modified Sedan event in Australia and boasts almost $40,000 in total prize money.
The final of the Street Stocks will be raced on Friday night while the Production Sedans and Junior finals will also be decided on Saturday night.
- External link: Download the Race Program (6.1Mb PDF)
* * *
Because of the large number of nominations for this year’s categories, the South Burnett Speedway Club has released a revised format:
Thursday (January 26)
- Modified Sedans – 3 rounds of heats
- Queens Royal – 3 rounds of heats
- Queens Royal – A & B Main Finals
Friday (January 27)
- Modified Sedans – 2 rounds of heats
- Production Sedans – 3 rounds of heats
- Street Stocks – 2 rounds of heats
- Street Stocks – A Main Final
Saturday (January 28)
- Modified Sedans – Dashes & Pole Shuffle
- Modified Sedans – A & B Main Final
- Production Sedans – 1 round of heats
- Production Sedans – A & B Main Finals
- Junior Sedans – Top Stars – 2 rounds of heats
- Junior Sedans – Top Stars – A Main Final
- Junior Sedans – New Stars – 2 rounds of heats
- Junior Sedans – New Stars – A Main Final
Spectators should enter via the Youngman Street entrance.
Admission fees can be paid at Gate A (near the main control tower), Gate B (near the cattle/horse section) or Gate C (near the Snack Shack):
- 3 Day Pass – Adults $80, pensioners (aged/disability) $50; students (with ID) $50; family pass (two adults / two students) $220; 12 & under (accompanied by an adult) free,
- 1 Day Pass (same conditions as above) – Adults $30, pensioners $20, students $20, family pass $85, 12 & under free.