July 20, 2022
Wondai’s huge Mini-Mod Carnival last Saturday attracted more than 870 players – plus their supporters – to Wondai Sportsground.
The round robin games played with modified rules attracted players from 19 clubs, aged from Under 6s through to Under 12s.
All South Burnett clubs had players taking part but there were also visiting players from as far away as Bundaberg and Hervey Bay.
All up, 197 mini-games of footy involving 78 teams were played across nine fields, so a lot of youngsters would have gone home tired but happy!
[See more photos on the Fisher Style Photography Facebook page]
* * *
On Saturday, July 23, the Monto Rugby League Club will be hosting a QRL Country Week game between the Central Queensland Capras and the Sunshine Coast Falcons.
The game is scheduled to kick off at 3:30pm.
Other games on the day include:
- 11:00am – Under 13 East Magpies v Agnes Water Marlins
- Noon – Bundaberg Women v Central Burnett Women
- 1:30pm – Monto Roos v Mundubbera Tigers
Gates open at 9:30am and entry will be adults $10 and high school $5; primary and under are free.
* * *
Last Weekend’s Results
Because of the Mini-Mod Carnival, no senior or junior SBRL games were played, but the South Burnett Eagles were in action in away games:
- Under 14s Girls – Fraser Coast Crushers 34 def. South Burnett Eagles 18 at Maryborough
South Burnett try scorers were Bella Barrett (2) and Summer Sullivan. Ruby Law kicked two conversions and Sullivan one.
- Under 15s Boys – South Burnett Eagles 20 def. Highfields 14 at Highfields
South Burnett try scorers were Darryl Gyemore (2), Ziggy Pidgeon and Sebastian King. Harrison Braithwaite kicked two goals.
- Under 16s Boys – South Burnett Eagles drew with Highfields 24-all at Highfields
South Burnett try scorers were Nathan Roderick (2), James Jacobs, Chris Simpson and unknown. Roderick kicked two goals.
- Under 17s Boys – South Burnett 40 def Highfields 10 at Highfields
South Burnett try scorers included Lachlan Ponder and Fletch Prendergast. Jayden Tewes-Smallwood kicked six goals.
* * *
This Week’s Games
All the junior and senior rugby league games which were scheduled to be played at Nanango this weekend have been cancelled due to flooding of Fred Kassulke Oval.
The Under 17s South Burnett Eagles will be heading to Dalby to play the Dalby Devils.
The Under 15s and Under 16s Eagles have a bye.
- Mark your diaries: The South Burnett Rugby League’s annual presentation dinner will be held on Friday, September 2, from 6:00pm at the Kingaroy Town Hall.