July 11, 2022
There have been some big winners in the region from the latest round of Gambling Community Benefit Fund grants announced on Monday.
Groups to receive large payouts include the Kingaroy Senior Soccer Club and Bell Show Society.
A record $17.7 million in funding was distributed to more than 520 not-for-profit organisations across Queensland in the “super round” (Round 113), which offered grants up to $100,000.
Local grant recipients include:
- Bell Show Society – $82,000 to upgrade arena
- Kingaroy Bowls Club – $25,875 to upgrade shade sails
- Kingaroy Senior Soccer Club – $62,034.85 to install a shed, air-conditioning and buy a ride-on mower
- Nanango & District Netball Association – $9500 to install a cold water system
- Yarraman RSLA Sub-Branch – $19,770 to install a solar system
- Yarraman Wild Horse Campdraft Association – $34,100 to landscape grounds and install fencing