July 7, 2022
The Cherbourg Ration Shed is one of seven Queensland-based organisations or artists which will receive funding through the State Government’s “First Nations Art, Craft and Design: Transforming Marketplaces”.
“Cherbourg Historical Precinct Group’s ‘The Ration Shed Market Place’ will build digital capacity to create pathways for new audiences and develop its trainee program,” Arts Minister Leeanne Enoch said.
She said the funding program would support the ambitions of the First Nations arts sector “to grow and showcase work to larger audiences”.
The groups which have been funded are:
- Cairns Indigenous Art Fair (CIAF) Limited – CIAF 2022-23 Digital Growth Opportunities – (Cairns)
- Ngalmun Lagau Minaral TSI Corp (Moa Arts) – Digital Media Activation – Zenadth Kes (DMAZK) – (Torres Strait Islands)
- Cherbourg Historical Precinct Group Inc – Ration Shed Market Place and Digital Strategy – (Cherbourg)
- Girringun Aboriginal Corporation – Shop Girringun + Virtual Girringun 3.0 – (Cardwell)
- Strait Experience – Strait Experience – ecommerce for Indigenous art – (Torres Strait Islands)
- Mr Lucas Schober – BlakSeed Art and Apparel – (Brisbane)
- Surat Aboriginal Corporation – Bamba Gii Merchandise – (Surat)