June 14, 2022
Agents yarded 780 head for the fortnightly SBLX Fat and Store Sale at Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday (June 14).
Only a few Export cattle were yarded, with most of the numbers being either feeder or restocker types.
Values remained firm overall with a slight easing for some descriptions.
Cattle were drawn from Giru, Theodore, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Boondooma, Kingaroy, Yarraman, Nanango, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy bulls (670kg) achieved $3.50kg to return $2345
- Cows over 500kg topped at $3.78/kg and $2640
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.50/kg for $1650
- Cows under 400kg topped at $3.17/kg and $1250
- Export heifers sold to $3.88/kg and $2080
- Heavy cows sold to $3.78/kg and $2099
- 445kg feeder steers sold to $5.22/kg and $2323
- 260kg weaner steers made $7.78/kg, returning $2023
- 340kg heifers sold to $5.40/kg, returning $1840
- 202kg weaner heifers achieved $6.42/kg to return $1297
- Local 445kg Santa steers sold to $2323 at $5.22/kg
- 440kg Charbray steers from Nanango sold for $5.18/kg to return $2280
- Droughtmaster steers ex Sandy Ridges sold for $2070 at $5.66/kg
- 347kg Angus cross steers from Stonelands sold for $1840 and $5.30/kg
- Three pens of Angus cross steers from Brigooda sold for $6.40/kg, topping at $1995 for 311kg
- A line of 115 Santa weaner steers averaging 222 kg ex Theodore sold for $7.78/kg and $1727, with the top pen returning $2023
- 340kg Angus cross heifers from Stonelands sold for $5.40/kg and $1830
- Local Charbray heifers sold for $4.86/kg and $1775
- Hereford cross heifers from Windera sold for $6.06/kg, returning $1757
- Santa heifers from Gayndah sold for $6.02/kg and $1830
- Two pens of Simmental cross weaner heifers from Brigooda sold for $6.42/kg ($1297) & $6.38/kg ($1400)
- A draft of 80 Santa weaner heifers ex Theodore sold for an average of $1420 at $6.15/kg, with the tops selling to $1968 at $6.28/kg
- A draft of 58 Brahman/Charbray cows and calves were consigned from Giru in North Queensland and sold to $3300
- PTIC cows sold to $2550, averaging $2010.00
* * *
- The next sale be the SBLX Fat & Store Sale on June 28 at Murgon Saleyards, starting at 8:00am.
- This will be followed by the Weaner Show & Sale at Coolabunia Saleyards on June 23, starting at 9:00am, which will include many prizes and bull credits.