May 9, 2022
About 40 runners (and walkers) turned out on the South Burnett Rail Trail on Sunday morning for the annual Mother’s Day Classic.
This was the 25th anniversary of the national fundraiser for breast cancer research
As usual, there was an abundance of pink as the participants gathered at Wondai to complete either 4km or 8km courses.
The event attracted many of the runners who take part in the weekly Wondai parkrun on Saturday mornings.
Avid runner Ros Heit, from Wooroolin, said Sunday’s event raised a total of $1235, including $80 donated by the Wondai Lions Club which provided the breakfast.
[Photos: Ros Heit]
- Pandemic Can’t Stop Pink Runners (2020)
- Runners Get In The Pink (2018)
- Good Roll-Up For Mother’s Day Classic (2017)
- Pink Powers Breast Cancer Research (2016)
- Mums Just Want To Have Fun (2015)
- Girl Power Hits The Streets (2014)
- A Fun Run Way To Celebrate (2013)
- Girls On The Run On Mother’s Day (2012)