December 8, 2021
Murgon’s Fat and Store Sale on Tuesday, December 7 continued the recent run of top prices at the Murgon Saleyards.
All up, 664 head were yarded into a firm market that mirrored several recent sales.
One lot of 194kg Angus heifers from Stalworth sold to $8.10/kg, with many other lots achieving sale prices in the $7-$8/kg range.
Cattle for the sale were drawn from Proston, Hivesville, Maidenwell, Gayndah, Mundubbera, Cinnabar, Manumbar, and the Murgon district.
- Angus cross bullocks from Proston weighing 678kg sold at $3.85/kg, returning $2613
- Charolais feeder steers from Cloyna sold to $5.92/kg and $2098
- Simmental steers ex-Wondai made $7.24/kg and $2245
- Droughtmaster steers from Murgon sold at $7.18/kg, returning $2115
- 232kg Angus steers from Stalworth sold to $7.96/kg and $1851
- 225kg Droughtmaster steers ex-Maidenwell sold for $1746 at $7.76/kg
- 321kg Charolais steers from Gayndah sold for $2155 at $6.70/kg
- 275kg Santa Gertrudis steers ex-Mundubbera sold for $7.68/kg and $2103
- 160kg Charbray steers from Hivesville sold to $7.86/kg and $1258
- Gelbvieh heifers from Cinnabar sold at $6.82/kg to make $2013
- 252kg Droughtmaster heifers from Maidenwell sold to $7.32/kg, returning $1849
- 232kg Droughtmaster heifers, also from Maidenwell, sold for $7.32/kg at $1702
- 190kg Angus heifers ex-Wondai made $8.02/kg, returning $1524
- 290kg Droughtmaster heifers from Manumbar sold at $6.60/kg and $1914
- 265kg Angus heifers ex-Murgon made $7.40/kg at $1961
- 194kg Angus heifers from Stalworth sold to $8.10/kg and $1570
- Santa Gertrudis cows and calves from Mundubbera made $3200
The next Fat and Store sale will be held at the Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, December 14.