December 4, 2021
Cattle prices rose to new heights at Tuesday’s fortnightly combined agents sale in Murgon, despite heavy rain on Monday causing some cancellations.
Agents yarded 550 head and the market was fully firm, with prices reaching as high as $7.50/kg for some descritions.
Feeder cattle sold to dearer rates, as did weaners.
Cattle were drawn from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Coringa, Biggenden, Mt Perry, Kingaroy, Nanango and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $3.98/kg and $4020
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.97/kg and $2490
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.89/kg, averaging $3.78
- Cows under 400kg topped at $3.82/kg for an average of $3.64
- Export heifers sold to $4.45/kg and $2900
- Euro cross steers from Murgon sold for $5.82/kg at $2338.50
- Local 425kg Charolais cross steers sold for $2310 at $5.44/kg
- 349kg Charolais cross steers from Coringa sold for $2188 at $6.26/kg
- 380kg Charolais cross steers from Manyung sold for $2318 and $6.08/kg
- 388kg Simmental cross steers from Wondai sold for $5.94/kg, returning $2305
- 313kg Simmental cross steers from Gayndah sold for $6.88/kg and $2150
- 311kg steers from Wondai sold for $2073 at $6.66/kg
- Local Charolais cross steers weighing 295kg sold for $7.16/kg, returning $2112
- Brangus weaner steers from Nanango sold for $7.50/kg and $1829
- Angus weaner steers from Proston sold for $1617 at $7.52/kg
- Hereford cross weaner steers from Murgon sold for $1880 at $ 7.37/kg
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Manyung sold for $7.30/kg and $1813
- Light Gelbvieh sold to $7.90/kg and $1343
- 347kg Angus heifers sold for $6.20/kg and $2155
- 300kg local Charolais cross heifers sold for $1836 at $6.12/kg
- Droughtmaster cross weaner heifers from Kingaroy sold for $1560 at $7.24/kg
- Angus weaner heifers from Proston sold for $1476 at $7.08/kg
- Braford weaner heifers from Wondai sold for $1659 at $7.00/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from Booubyjan sold for $1300
- Charbray Cows & Calves from Coringa sold for $3075
- Local Santa Cows & Calves sold for $3050
The next – and final – fortnightly sale for 2021 will be held at the Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, December 7 at 8:00 am.
The first sale for 2022 will be held on Tuesday, January 11.