November 27, 2021
Murgon Crusaders are through to the Grand Final of the Gympie A Grade 40-over competition after defeating Wooroolin Warriors in the Qualifying Final played in Kingaroy last Saturday.
The Warriors will now face Gympie Colts at Gympie this weekend in the Preliminary Final to determine the second Grand Final spot.
Murgon won the toss and batted first.
At the end of their 40 overs, they were 6/218 with Kurt McArthur top-scoring with 63.
Ashley Sippel (39) and Bryce Edwards (30 not out) added valuable runs.
Lleyton Brown (3/45) was the best of the Warriors’ bowlers.
In reply, Wooroolin were all out for 107 in the 25th over after Thomas Currin tore through their line-up.
Currin finished with 6/18 off 6.2 overs, including one maiden.
Hayden Wieck (23) and Lleyton Brown (19) were the Warriors’ top scorers.
Murgon defeated Wooroolin Warriors by 111 runs.
The Gympie T-20 Cup – the second phase of the three-part Gympie A Grade season – is now poised to start, with the first games scheduled to be played in Gympie this weekend.
* * *
A South Burnett XI defeated Gympie by 14 runs in their first round Goodchild Shield game played at Lyle Vidler Oval on Sunday.
The home team finished 9/196.
Kurt McArthur (44) and Ashley Sippel (48) backed up after their Crusaders’ game on Saturday to top-score for South Burnett.
In reply, Bundaberg were all out for 182.
Reg Wenham (2/15) and Kieran Askin (2/23) were the best of the local bowlers.
* * *
South Burnett Junior Competition
Nanango (3/138) defeated Kingaroy Westlink (4/107) by five wickets.
1st innings: Jeremiah 15 n/o; Ledger 14 n/o; Nate 13 n/o; Emma 2/8; Darcy 1/12
2nd innings: Emma 25 n/o; Bella 19 n/o; Josie 15 n/o; Nate 2/18; Levi 1/22
Nanango (9/142) defeated Kingaroy Vikings(6/138) by one wicket.
1st innings: Jamie 22 n/o; James 21; Josh 17 n/o; Rory 1/8; Brian 1/14
2nd innings: Braidyn 24; Lachlan 23; Tom 22; Oscar 22; Josh 3/13; Jackson 2/9
* * *
South Burnett Senior Competition
- Nanango Scorpions (1/115) defeated Kingaroy Services (110 all out) by nine wickets
- Cherbourg (9/153) defeated Wondai (147 all out) by one wicket
- Wooroolin Vikings (1/125) defeated Wooroolin Colts (119 all out) by nine wickets
* * *
This Week’s Games
South Burnett Junior Competition – 8:00am
- Kingaroy Pineview Brangus v Nanango at Kingaroy State School – WASHED OUT
- Kingaroy Westlink v Kingaroy Wamuran Timbers at River Road Oval – WASHED OUT
- Kingaroy Warriors v Nanango at Taabinga State School – WASHED OUT
South Burnett Senior Competition – 12:30pm
- Murgon Diggers v Wooroolin Vikings at Murgon Sportsground – WASHED OUT
- Nanango Scorpions v Cherbourg at Alan Downie Sports Fields, Nanango – WASHED OUT
- Wooroolin Colts v Kingaroy Services at Lyle Vidler Oval, Kingaroy – WASHED OUT
- Wondai has the bye
Gympie A Grade Competition – 12:30pm
- Preliminary Final – Wooroolin Warriors v Gympie Colts at Kozminsky Oval, Gympie
[UPDATED with correction]