November 10, 2021
Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday yarded just short of 500, with local rainfall causing some cancellations.
Export cattle sold to fully firm rates, while feeder cattle sold to dearer prices.
Lighter restocker types were also in demand, and Limousin cross cows and calves from Hivesville attracted prices as high as $3575.
Prices in the $6/kg to $7/kg range also featured in a number of sales.
Cattle were drawn from Eidsvold, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Kingaroy, Nanango, Durong, Kilkivan and the Murgon district.
- Heavy bulls sold to $3.96/kg and $3645
- Heavy cows over 500kg sold to $3.78/kg and $2460
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.64/kg, averaging $3.60/kg
- Cows under 400kg topped at $3.47/kg for an average of $3.35/kg
- Export heifers sold to $4.30/kg and $2300
- Two pens of Charbray steers from Mt Perry sold for $5.34/kg to return $2305 and $2090.
- 409kg Droughtmaster steers from Crownthorpe sold for $5.26/kg at $2154
- 410kg Charolais steers sold to $5.68/kg for $2330
- Droughtmaster steers weighing 380kg sold for $5.66/kg, returning $2156
- 365kg Droughtmaster steers from Proston sold for $2065.00 at $5.66/kg
- Limousin cross weaner steers from Hivesville sold to $6.74/kg and $1955
- Two pens of Braford cross weaner steers from Mt Perry sold for $6.68/kg and $7.50/kg, returning $1921 and $1627 respectively
- Two pens of Droughtmaster weaner steers, also from Mt Perry, sold for $1558 and $1378 at $6.62/kg and $7.32/kg.
- Simmental cross weaner steers from Murgon sold to $6.88/kg, returning $1530
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Hivesville sold to $7.12/kg and $1335
- 378 kg Droughtmaster heifers from Nanango sold for $4.82/kg and $1825
- Angus cross heifers from Johnstown sold to $5.88/kg, returning $1660 for 282kg
- 305kg Charbray heifers from Mt Perry sold for $1825 at $5.70/kg
- Droughtmaster heifers weighing 306kg sold for $1737 at $5.66/kg
- Two pens of Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Hivesville sold at $6.48/kg for $1420 and $1120
- 258kg Angus cross weaner heifers sold for $6.24/kg, returning $1615
- Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Mt Perry sold for $1253 at $5.98.kg
- Speckled Park weaner heifers from Cushnie sold to $1083 at $6.28/kg
- A draft of Crossbred store cows from Eidsvold and Mt Perry sold to a top of $3.74/kg and $1796, averaging $3.62/kg and $1650
- Limousin cross cows and calves from Hivesville sold for $3575, $3300 anf $3200
- Droughtmaster Cows and Calves – also from Hivesville – sold for $2625
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, November 23 at 8:00am.