November 2, 2021

A fire twirler’s practice session went awry in Murgon on Monday evening, leading to extensive damage to a shed and vehicle.

After finishing their practice, the twirler extinguished the firestick, wrapped it in cloth and placed it back in the shed.

Unfortunately, the stick reignited, sparking a blaze which extensively damaged the shed, a mower and a stored vehicle.

Emergency services were called to the blaze, in Harm Street, about 6:55pm.

Three fire crews attended and quickly tackled the flames.

The fire was fully extinguished by 7:15pm.

It has been ruled non-suspicious.


Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.