October 29, 2021
Murgon defeated Kingaroy Services by nine wickets at their South Burnett Senior Cricket Association game in Kingaroy at the weekend.
Kingaroy won the toss and batted first but were all out for 99 in the 31st over.
Opener Glenn Kelly (32) and Sam Scott (18) were Kingaroy’s top scorers.
For Murgon, Jaden Heness took 4/9 off 6.2 overs, including three maidens.
Jack Webber finished with 2/15 off four.
In reply, Murgon (1/103) overtook the target in nine overs with the loss of just one wicket.
Opener Joe Meikle was 52 n/o.
JohnPaul Stephens took the sole wicket (1/25 off three).
* * *
Wooroolin Vikings (7/230) defeated Cherbourg (229) by three wickets in a high-scoring match at Kingaroy State School.
Ryan Jacobs 93 n/o top-scored for Cherbourg, while Edwin Simpson added 38.
For Vikings, Dane Bloomfield took 3/35 and Michael Sanford 2/32.
Bloomfield also was Vikings’ top scorer, finishing 79 n/o. Jay Steinhardt scored 48.
Barry Fisher (2/29) and Chris Simpson (2/35) were the pick of the Cherbourg bowlers.
* * *
Nanango (4/109) defeated Wondai (106 all out) by four wickets at Nanango Sportsground.
Best for Wondai were M Cook (20) and D Bailey (15).
Lawson Black took 3/18 and Nicholas Scherger 2/11 for Nanango.
In reply, Lachlan Cullen was 39 n/o and Lawson Black 27 for Nanango.
Riley Hood took 2/14 and Jeremy Hobbs 1/26 for Wondai.
* * *
Gympie A Grade Results
- Wooroolin Warriors (175 all out) defeated Gympie Colts (78) by 97 runs at Lyle Vidler Oval in Kingaroy.
Gympie won the toss and sent Wooroolin in.
Fletcher Brown top-scored, hitting 82 runs in 74 minutes, including 11 fours and 2 sixes.
Michael Wostear ripped through batsmen in the Gympie innings, taking an incredible seven wickets and conceding just 15 runs off his eight overs – which included three maidens!
Lleyton Brown finished with 1/14 off 1.5 overs.
Colts were all out in the 19th over.
- Murgon Crusaders (8/219) defeated Gympie Royals (104) by 115 runs at Keith Manthey Oval in Gympie.
Murgon won the toss and elected to bat.
Jason Webber top scored with 53.
Harrison Sippel (40) and Ashley Sippel (32) added more valuable runs.
Nicholas Sanewski 1/9, Harrison Sippel 3/28 and Garry Eisenmenger 2/35 were best with the ball.
* * *
South Burnett Junior Results
- Kingaroy Westlink (4/153) defeated Kingaroy Pineview (2/119) by 34 runs
Westlink innings: Kade 24 n/o; Levi 20 n/o; Addy 1/8; Zac 1/14
Pineview innings: Jayden 16; Joe 15; Jeremiah 1/12
- Kingaroy Wamuran Timbers (1/144) defeated Nanango (4/123) by 21 runs
Kingaroy innings: Darcy 21 n/o; Isaac 19 n/o; Emma 1/25; Haylie 0/15
Nanango innings: Angus 36; Emma 23; Darcy 2/15; Jamie 2/11
- Nanango (7/221) defeated Kingaroy Vikings (8/121) by 100 runs
Nanango innings: Darcy English 53 n/o; Lochlan Burrows 39; Josh Williams 2/7; Nate Reilly 1/22
Kingaroy innings: Jackson Kerkow 33; Jamie Searle 16 n/o; Hunter Brown 1/12; Oscar Dioth 3/15
* * *
South Burnett junior teams took part in two Round 2 rep games at Gympie last Sunday.
In Under 12s, South Burnett (8/179) defeated Gympie (79 all out) by 100 runs
Josh Williams starred for South Burnett, batting 42 n/o and taking 3/1 with the ball.
Joe Carney also did well, hitting 27 runs and taking two wickets (2/9).
Jamie Searle was 25 n/o and took 2/20.
Con Curtain took two catches.
In Under 14s, Gympie (9/115) defeated South Burnett (114 all out) by two wickets.
Lochlan Burrows top-scored with 38; and James Whiteman made 17.
South Burnett bowlers did well: Oscar Dioth 3/14; Hayden Donohue 2/3 and Zac Harris 2/22.
* * *
This Week’s Games
South Burnett will be Pinking Up The South Burnett at games this Saturday!
South Burnett Junior Competition
- Kingaroy Pineview Brangus v Kingaroy Wamuran Timbers at River Road Oval
- Kingaroy Westlink v Nanango at River Road Oval, Kingaroy
- Nanango Mixed v Kingaroy Mixed at Wondai Cricket Ground (2-day game)
South Burnett Senior Competition – 12:30pm
- Wondai v Wooroolin Colts at Wondai Cricket Ground
- Kingaroy Services v Cherbourg at Taabinga State School
- Nanango v Murgon at Nanango Sportsground Oval #1
- Wooroolin Vikings have the bye
Gympie A Grade Competition – Noon
- Murgon Crusaders v Gympie Valleys at Murgon Sportsground
- Harlequins v Wooroolin Warriors at Kozminsky Oval, Gympie