Agriculture Minister Mark Furner

October 21, 2021

Farmers affected by hail and storm damage from this week’s storms have been reminded they can apply for State Government assistance.

Agriculture Minister Mark Furner said there had been reports of hail, heavy rain and tornados on the Darling Downs and Central Queensland.

“Any producer that has been impacted by these events can apply for an Individual Disaster Stricken Property (IDSP) declaration,” Mr Furner said.

“This declaration gives producers access to freight subsidies of up to $5000, as well as Disaster Assistance loans of up to $250,000 at a concessional interest rate to help fix damaged infrastructure such as fences, sheds and hail netting.

“You don’t have to wait for a disaster to be declared by State or Federal authorities. If your agribusiness has been affected by storms and if you need assistance, you could consider applying for an IDSP.”

Mr Furner said applying for IDSP declarations was as simple as contacting the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF).

“You can apply online or via the phone and a Departmental officer will visit your property for assessment,” he said.

“Our officers are experienced in providing rapid assistance to our farmers and in conducting these assessments.”

Anderssons Fruit Market for quality fruits and vegetables
Position Vacant - click here


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.