October 13, 2021
Cattle numbers were down by almost 20 per cent at Murgon’s fortnightly combined agents sale on Tuesday, which had a yarding of 580.
However, all descriptions sold to fully firm rates.
Cattle for the sale were consigned from Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Brisbane Valley, Kingaroy, Kilkivan and the Murgon area.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $3.86/kg and $3139
- Bullocks topped at $4.19/kg for $2500
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.83/kg and $2276
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.70/kg, averaging $3.49/kg
- Cows under 400kg topped at $2.87/kg for an average of $2.75/kg
- Export heifers sold to $3.83/kg and $2140
- A line of Charbray steers from Mt Perry sold for $4.87/kg to return $2557, averaging $2253
- Local Limousin steers weighing 454kg sold for $5.18/kg and $2355
- Charolais cross steers from Goomeri sold for $1892 at $6.06/kg
- 320kg Angus cross steers from Tansey sold for $1908 at $5.98/kg
- Angus cross weaner steers sold to $6.66/kg for $1632
- Charolais cross weaner steers from Goomeri sold for $1602 at $6.42/kg
- A line of Droughtmaster heifers from Tansey sold for a top of $1823 at $5.00/kg
- 345kg Charolais cross heifers from Proston sold for $1863 at $5.40/kg
- Brangus heifers weighing 341kg sold to $4.41/kg and $1507
- 330kg Gelvieh heifers sold to $5.20/kg for $1716
- Angus cross weaner heifers sold to $5.72/kg and $1520
- Limousin cross weaner heifers sold for $5.60/kg and $1330
- Brangus weaner heifers sold for $1242 at $5.62/kg
- There was a small number of Cows and Calves yarded and they sold for $2250
The next Murgon sale will be held at Murgon Saleyards on Tuesday, October 26 at 8:00am.
- Related article: Corey Wins Auction Competition