September 16, 2021
Murgon’s fortnightly Combined Agents Sale yarded 850 on Tuesday, with all descriptions selling to dearer rates.
The market improved considerably despite deteriorating seasonal conditions in the Burnett area.
There was very strong buying support from the usual processors and feedlots as well as buyers from the Darling Downs, North Burnett and NSW.
Export cattle found strong support from processors and prices were pushed along by store buyers on the second grade cows and steers.
Cattle were drawn from Auburn, Eidsvold, Mundubbera, Gayndah, Mt Perry, Biggenden, Durong, Nanango, Yarraman, Kingaroy, Kilkivan, Woolooga and the Murgon district.
- Heavy Bulls sold to $3.80/kg and $3350
- Bullocks topped at $4.15/kg for $2510
- Heavy Cows over 500kg sold to $3.64/kg and $2360
- Cows 400-500kg sold to $3.60/kg, averaging $3.24/kg
- Cows under 400kg topped at $3.20/kg for an average of $2.86/kg
- Export heifers sold to $3.98/kg and $2270.
- 425kg Droughtmaster steers from Murgon sold for $2100 at $4.96/kg
- Charbray steers from Windera sold for $4.81/kg, returning $1980
- 300kg Angus steers from Nanango sold for $1687 at $5.50/kg
- 373kg Local Santa steers sold to $1970 and $5.28/kg
- Charolais steers from Moffatdale weighing 366kg sold to $5.34/kg for $1950
- 335kg Droughtmaster steers sold for $1675 at $5.00/kg
- Local Santa weaner steers sold to $1617 at $6.16/kg
- Light Charolais cross steers from Kilkivan sold for $7.00/kg for $1125
- Angus weaner steers from Mt Perry sold for $1393 at $6.98/kg
- Droughtmaster weaner steers from Goomeri sold for $1393 at $6.68/kg
- Santa weaner steers from Crownthorpe sold for $6.63/kg, returning $1482
- Brangus weaner steers from Manyung sold for $1392 at $6.56/kg
- Angus steers from Yarraman sold for $1300 and $6.50/kg
- Local Charolais heifers weighing 430kg sold for $4.42/kg and $1900
- Charolais heifers weighing 327kg sold to $5.50/kg for $1800
- 408kg Charbray heifers from Nanango sold for $1675 at $4.10/kg
- Charbray heifers weighing 354kg sold for $1780 at $5.03/kg
- 320kg Angus heifers from Yarraman sold for $1690 at $5.28/kg
- Charbray weaner heifers from Goomeri sold for $5.72/kg and $1605
- Droughtmaster weaner heifers from Nanango sold to $1377 at $5.62/kg
- Brangus weaner heifers from Wondai sold for $5.56/kg, returning $1275
- Angus weaner heifers from Mt Perry sold for $1124 at $6.10/kg
- Santa heifers from Proston also sold for $6.10/kg, returning $1098
- Light Charolais cross heifers sold for $6.06/kg and $1010
- Local Santa weaner heifers sold for $1200 at $6.00/kg
- PTIC Charbray/Droughtmaster Cows from Auburn sold for $2050
- Droughtmaster Cos & Calves from Hivesville sold to $2520
The next Murgon sale will be on Tuesday, September 28 at 8:00am.
The next Coolabunia sale will be the Special Store Sale on Thursday, September 16.